At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
You'll be surprised at the beauty that's right above you in Russia
Fairytale spires and turrets topped with sugar-iced domes: It can only be St Petersburg. The city’s eclectic architecture veers giddily from frothy Baroque edifices to neoclassical grandeur. And the city’s unique aesthetics don’t end with its exteriors. Venture into its iconic cathedrals and palaces to be dazzled by gold-encrusted, jewel-coloured frescos. A glance upwards reaps spectacular rewards, with kaleidoscopic fractals and gilt-edged mandalas illuminating St Petersburg’s ceilings. Here’s where to look up while sightseeing in St Petersburg.
Its gleaming onion domes and decorative façade are iconic of St Petersburg, but enter the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood’s ornate doors for the real show-stopper. More than 7,500 glittering mosaics adorn the church’s walls and ceilings, to the designs of Russian revivalist Viktor Vasnetsov and Symbolists Mikhail Nesterov and Mikhail Vrubel. Discover an intriguing marriage of modernist and Byzantine styles throughout, completed in a riot of highly saturated colour.
A vast mint green icon, along the banks of the Neva River, The State Hermitage Museum is home to three million artefacts and the largest collection of paintings in the world. But tear yourself away from the fascinating ancient Egyptian talismans and 18th-century Russian porcelain and you’ll discover equally enthralling sights within the fabric of the building. The ceiling of each gallery is adorned with incredible detail; discover extraordinary Renaissance-style frescoes in one room, beautiful Russian folk art in another, and yet another encrusted in gold flourishes. The ceilings in St Petersburg’s former Winter Palace certainly rival the extraordinary artefacts housed beneath them.
The world’s largest Russian Orthodox cathedral, St Isaac’s flexes its muscles as one of the finest examples of the faith’s florid aesthetics. The current incarnation was erected over a span of 40 years, and was completed in 1858. The interior is clad in multicoloured marble and granite, with columns of malachite and lapis lazuli. But the star of the show is St Petersburg’s most impressive ceiling. Decorated with the skilled compositions of the great Russian master Karl Bryullov and his contemporaries, it’s mosaiced in exquisite detail. Beneath the dome, which is plated in pure gold, is a suspended stark sculpture of a white dove – representing the holy spirit.
Host to the more erudite of St Petersburg’s theatrical productions, the Mariinsky Theatre offers a compelling line-up of events that veer from epic operas and romantic ballets to skilled concertos. A visit here is rewarded not only with some of Russia’s best musical talent, but also the city’s most opulent interiors, including, of course, an exquisitely frescoed and gold-detailed ceiling. The venue’s history is steep: It was opened as the Bolshoi Stone Theatre in 1783 but, following numerous fires and renovations, has emerged as the prestigious destination it is today.
Once you’ve admired the gold-dipped bell tower – the world’s tallest at 123m – step into the beautifully lit Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral. Even the most agnostic visitor will be impressed by the sense of religious splendour that infuses these interiors. Vivid trompe-l’œil frescoes raise the vaulted ceilings to dizzy heights, with trumpeting angels and chubby cherubim gazing down at the glittering chandeliers hung below them. If Peter Carl Fabergé were to design a cathedral along the lines of his coveted eggs, this would be it.