At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Watermelons, beach yoga, thermal baths: every day is Global Wellness Day in these destinations.
‘Wellness’ is not just a buzzword or fad; it’s a trend that’s here to stay. With yoga now a fitness staple, mindfulness an essential life skill and vegetarian and vegan menus often beating meat-based ones, wellness is a theme that’s fast conquering the globe. Consequently, happiness levels are on the rise, which makes this particular lifestyle choice well worth celebrating. On the second Saturday of June each year, Global Wellness Day pays tribute to wellbeing in its many forms. This year falling on the 8th June, here’s how to celebrate across our favourite destinations.
London enchants in every season, but during summer it’s particularly beguiling. With acres of immaculately tended Royal Parks to run through and ribbons of historic walking routes cutting across the city, it’s impossible not to boost your step count on a visit. Open Garden Squares Weekend coincides with Global Wellness Day, with London’s prettiest private gardens throwing open their gates to visitors. Follow the route and get back to nature, right in the heart of the city. Elsewhere, London’s wellness tribe commandeers the city’s scenic spots for yoga classes with a view. From sun salutations in the Sky Garden to a Climb and Yoga session on The O2, there’s ample opportunity to stretch out in the sunshine.
For something a little less active, the British capital is replete with state-of-the-art holistic spas, and ESPA Life at Corinthia is among the most prestigious. Press pause and allow our expert therapists to treat you to an Indulgent Relaxation package, designed to slough off any residue of stress. Toast to your post-treatment glow with a glass of Laurent-Perrier Champagne in the Spa Lounge.
Global Wellness Day in St Petersburg is no different to any other summer’s day in the erstwhile imperial capital. Join in with the local residents and soak up the vitamin D along the banks of the Neva with a fresh slice of watermelon in hand, or stretch out in a yoga class on New Holland’s lawns. Cool off afterwards in Peterhof’s leafy Lower Park, where the light spray from the fountains refreshes and revives.
Open 24-hours a day, there are no excuses to dodge a visit at Corinthia St Petersburg’s fitness centre. It may be a more high-octane approach to wellness, that doesn’t involve blissful repose, but we think a good sweat session will leave you feeling rejuvenated and oh-so well.
Every day in Budapest may as well be Global Wellness Day, as, come summer or winter, Hungary’s favourite pastime is a good, long soak in a natural thermal bath. Renowned for their therapeutic benefits, thermal baths can help soothe muscles and joints, stimulate and strengthen circulation, ease arthritis and enhance relaxation. Whether it’s a chic, contemporary spa or an ancient stalwart from the 16th century, Budapest’s baths are perfect for a relaxing evening dip in summer, and guarantee a healthy glow.
To enhance said glow, choose a massage from the sumptuous Royal Spa. Here, the treatment menu glides from traditional aromatherapy and hot stone massages to more exotic Ayurvedic abhyanga and chakra balancing therapies. There are bi-lingual multi-level yoga classes on the agenda here, too.
Despite its cosmopolitan flavour and dynamic start-up scene, Lisbon is among Europe’s most laid-back cities. Cool, outdoorsy and reclining along the broad, breezy banks of the Tagus, it’s easy to find wellness in the Portuguese capital. Celebrate Global Wellness Day on a scenic 5km run along the waterfront, or take a brisk stroll up to São Jorge Castle for a tranquil breath of fresh air with a beautiful view.
To really escape it all, duck into The Spa. Here, the days start and end with serene sunrise and sunset stretch classes, with slow Chi Kung and guided Mindfulness sessions offered in between. Alternatively, wash all the stress away with the spa’s Acqua Therapy Facilities, where steam and sauna, plunge pools and ice fountains rejuvenate and revive with spectacular efficiency.
The Czech capital is very pleasing to the eye, and one of the best perches from which to admire it is from Corinthia Prague’s indoor swimming pool. With wall-to-ceiling windows offering soaring views across the city, these are some of the most picturesque laps you could hope to swim.
Prague’s burgeoning wholefoods scene has birthed a flock of excellent vegan and vegetarian bistros, not to mention juice bars and hipster coffee shops that are quick to replace cow with coconut. Any sensible plant-lover will direct wellbeing-seekers to the cashew-based cheesecake at Moment Café on Slezská. If ever there was a worthy edible tribute to Global Wellness Day, this is it.
As soon as you touch down in Malta, the tension slides away. This corner of the Mediterranean is steeped in a laid-back lifestyle, which makes it an appropriate destination in which to celebrate Global Wellness Day. Whether it’s a boat ride out to the cool, cerulean hues of the Blue Lagoon or fresh, grilled swordfish on the terrace of Da Marina, everything on the archipelago nurtures an overriding sense of wellbeing.
A more targeted approach to Global Wellness Day can be found with a bespoke Ayurvedic massage at Apollo Day Spa, in which our skilled therapist diagnoses the correct oils and techniques for your particular dosha, or body type, and kneads away any residual tension. Continue the Indian theme with a yoga class, followed by a gorgeous meditation on the beach, the sunset a spectacular backdrop.