At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From contemporary dance to the Theatre Olympics, these are some of the dramatic highlights of Russia’s Year of Theatre.
Theatre in Russia in its current form is a relatively new import, with St Petersburg blossoming into the thriving cultural centre it is today only within the last three centuries. Until 300 years ago, Russia’s priorities were far removed from the construction of exquisite opera and ballet houses, the training of skilled dance and drama troupes and the design of beautiful costumes and sets. Fortunately, times have changed, and Russian theatrics—children’s, musical, dramatic, traditional, experimental—are thriving. So much so that the country has declared 2019 as the Year of the Theatre, with 30 productions to be performed on 50 illustrious stages across the country in the second half of this year. As Russia’s official capital of culture, St Petersburg’s theatres are hosting the lion’s share of them, making this a very exciting time to visit. From the world’s most prestigious international drama festival to a nod to home-grown talent, here are the cultural highlights not to miss.
The Theatre Olympics 2019 is a magnet to the world’s most talented dramatists, playwrights, directors and actors. The well-attended international festival showcases performances from dance companies and theatres from around the world, and includes an engaging programme of lectures and workshops facilitated by industry heavyweights. This year, the spotlight shifts from India to Russia, with the festival taking place in St Petersburg’s theatres and venues between June and November. St Petersburg’s illustrious Alexandrinsky and Mariinsky Theatres are host to many of the performances, with more than 30 productions from 15 countries including Oedipus Rex from Italy, Mother from Belgium and The Trial from Poland.
For a popular theatre festival that’s entirely homegrown, the Chekhov International Theatre Festival has been delighting audiences since 1992. It was launched in the wake of the fall of the iron curtain, aiming to showcase and, in many ways, discover Russian theatre. The majority of the events are staged in Moscow, but there are performances taking place in St Petersburg’s theatres this year, too, most notably A Quiet Evening of Dance from Sadler’s Wells in London, with choreography from William Forsythe, considered to be one of the leading talents in his field. Performed by a small company, it’s a conceptual piece inspired by and reminiscent of a chamber music concert.
A critically acclaimed, international contemporary dance festival, Diana Vishneva’s Context festival puts on a dazzling programme of international dance performances, including world premieres and much-anticipated collaborations, between October and December. Founder and art director Vishneva was herself a prima ballerina and envisioned this festival as a proving ground for new talent, as well as a meeting place for choreographers and dancers the world over. The festival has grown from strength to strength over the years, with visitor numbers reaching above 9,000 in recent years.
Highlights this year include the Evening of the National Ballet of Canada at the Mariinsky II, with this tour marking the company’s first ever performances in Russia. The young choreographers at Context Lab is another anticipated event to watch out for. It sees the young finalists from the Russian choreography competition performing their new works, created especially for the festival, at the Alexandrinsky Theatre.