At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Want to get a head start on your Maltese Christmas shopping? This is your ultimate local gift guide
Few destinations mark the yuletide as well as Malta. Thanks to its old-fashioned village fetes, its annual presepju displays, its beloved Christmastime dishes and its many gorgeous churches. One gets the feeling that today’s Maltese Christmas celebrations still resemble those that happened centuries ago. The only change? Hunting down Christmas presents has never been easier, thanks to buzzing urban shopping streets, traditional artist workshops, and glitzy shopping malls in Malta. Whether you’re after artisanal Maltese crafts or the latest name-brand fashions, these shops in Malta should more than cater to your gift list.
The Christmas Shop is an appropriate starting point among the best festive shops in Malta. From 1st October 2015, the retailer will be operating a seasonal boutique on Melita Street in the heart of Valletta. Cards, candles, and gifts can be found here, while those inspired by the many presepji, or Christmas crib, displays across town can find their own traditional figurines here, too.
And then there are the markets. In lieu of the ubiquitous Alpine-style chalets and mugs of gluhwein, you’ll find a more traditional Maltese Christmas vibe at the Malta Artisan Market. Here, sellers trade in historic crafts rather than tourist trinkets, from filigree jewellery and handmade lace to artisanal food products.
Do keep your eyes open for the local village bazaars as well, which are held in many of Malta’s small towns leading up to Christmas. These festive markets are frequented by locals, so you’re bound to find authentic, one-of-a-kind stocking stuffers.
If Malta’s historic bazaars reflect a more traditional style of Christmas gifting, then its busy shopping streets can rival those of any European city. Lined with international brands, they’re ideal for seasonal browsing (and sightseeing) – you’ll also find suspended lights, colourful decorations, and a general atmosphere of festivity.
The shopping stretch in capital Valletta, much of Republic Street is pedestrian-only, making it well suited to window-shopping. Sliema, accessibly located just a short amble from St. Julian’s, is also one of Malta’s primary retail hubs. Bisazza Street and the surrounding thoroughfares are where you’ll find the majority of high-street shops and international brands.
For the highest concentration of stores – and perhaps the greatest odds that you’ll cross every person off your gift list – you can also follow local shoppers to the many high-end shopping malls in Malta. Begin at the largest of them all, The Point, which is located on the edge of Sliema and hosts four storeys of luxury outlets.
In St. Julian’s, the Bay Street Complex is another popular shopping hub all year round, though it draws its biggest crowds during the festive season. The combination of more than 60 independent stores and high-street brands makes this an easy go-to for Maltese Christmas shoppers.
Once you’ve bagged the designer duds, a final pass around Malta’s workshops and artist ateliers may just turn up unique pieces for the difficult people on your gift list.
The Maltese archipelago is host to two of its own villages devoted to Maltese crafts – Ta’ Qali in Malta and Ta’ Dbiegi in Gozo – designed to give traditional makers a space to retail their wares. Expect to encounter everything from glass blowing and lace-making demonstrations to a range of traditional goods, including leather items, hand-painted pottery, and jewellery.
For Maltese Christmas mementos, there are also several treasure-filled boutiques to wander. Soap Café in Sliema is a destination for locally made beauty products, and Mdina Glass includes a number of rainbow-vibrant, hand-blown pieces. Just don’t forget the bubble wrap before you start packing.