At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
When in Lisbon, there’s nobody better to guide your culinary explorations than Chef José Avillez
Colourful plates, fresh seafood, indulgent flavours… Portuguese cuisine is having a moment on the world stage. And where better to try it than in Lisbon, where a diverse culinary scene proves there’s more to Portuguese food than piri piri chicken. In the first of our Where Chefs Eat series, we recruit the help of Chef José Avillez, the man behind six restaurants in Lisbon – Belcanto, Barrio do Avillez, Mini Bar, Cantinho do Avillez, Café Lisboa and Pizzaria Lisboa – to give us some insider tips on his favourite epicurean locations in the city, and what to try when you visit.
How does your life in Lisbon, and your upbringing in Cascais, inspire you as a chef?
I grew up in Cascais, near the sea and surrounded by pinewoods. The strong memory of being close to the sea is a part of me. It defines me. Pine nuts and codium (a seaweed) are some of the flavours that remind me of my childhood. I remember eating salicornia, a plant that grows on the beach, as a child. Today, I often use it in my recipes. When I grew up, I fell in love with Lisbon, a magical city that once was a capital of the world. The inspiration I get from the history, the energy, the artists, the landscapes, the people and the river is incredible.
What do you think makes the local food scene so exciting?
Lisbon is a great destination for food lovers. Portuguese cuisine is tremendously rich and varied, and we have very high quality products. For me, the top ingredients are fresh fish and shellfish from the Portuguese coast – I think our fish is the world’s best. Talented local chefs are creating restaurants with delicious and diverse food, which is making Portuguese cuisine more visible.
If a visitor wants to sample traditional Portuguese cuisine in Lisbon, where would you recommend they visit, and what should they order?
Cheeses and cured sausages at traditional grocery store Manteigaria Silva; ‘Dip in the Sea’ (a sea bass dish with seaweed and shellfish) at Belcanto; giant red shrimps at Bairro do Avillez; and Pastel Lisboa (one of the most wonderful minced beef pastries you will ever taste) or Pastel de Nata at Café Lisboa. For an unforgettable dessert, try the citrus and egg sweets at Belcanto.
Are there any secret dining spots in Lisbon that people should know about?
The restaurants I would recommend aren’t exactly hidden but they are my favourites. Taberna da Rua das Flores is a small and informal restaurant that serves traditional Portuguese food and recreates the spirit of an old Portuguese tavern. The menu is written on a chalkboard because it changes so frequently. Gambrinus is great for a late night snack – I love to stop and sit at the counter after going to the theatre.
Lisbon is home to many fine dining restaurants. If you have friends or family visiting, where do you take them if you really want to impress?
Belcanto, the only restaurant in Lisbon with two Michelin stars, where you can find the best Portuguese cuisine. I’d also take them to Páteo at Bairro do Avillez so they can try the best fish and the best seafood in the world; or Mini Bar, a restaurant with a unique concept in Lisbon where you can have varied gastronomic experiences full of flavour, wonder and fun.
Portugal is known for its pastelarias. Where do you go when in need of a sweet treat?
I love a good Pastel de Nata, but not too sweet. I like to eat Pastel de Nata from Café Lisboa and from Taberna at Bairro do Avillez (always served warm). I also sometimes go to pastelaria Bénard in Chiado in the morning.
Where do you buy your ingredients in Lisbon?
I visit Mercado da Ribeira for fresh fruit, vegetables and fish; Manteigaria Silva for cheese, charcuterie, salted cod, dried fruits and such like; or A Vida Portuguesa, one of the most beautiful and original shops in Lisbon. Vida Portuguesa was born from an investigation by journalist Catarina Portas into old Portuguese products that are still made locally. I come here a lot. I buy gifts and a lot of things for my restaurants, for example I bought several pudding tins that we use at Cantinho do Avillez as bread baskets.