At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From trends to tips, Oldřich Sahajdák lifts the lid on Czech dining in Prague
Since he started cooking at the age of 13, Oldřich Sahajdák has been obsessed with food. Now, as co-founder and head chef of La Degustation, one of only three Michelin star restaurants in Prague, he’s an authority on the Czech food scene. In a time when the cuisine is really starting to make its mark on the world stage, we sit down with Oldřich to talk about his favourite foodie spots in Prague.
What makes the food scene in Prague so exciting right now?
Prague is a fascinating city. It is my home town and my inspiration. It has changed a lot over the years and, of course, the culinary scene has developed with it. Like in many other European cities, our chefs travel a lot, working in France, England, Spain, Germany, and so on. When they come back, they bring back what they’ve learned and transform our cuisine. In Prague, we also use mostly local ingredients and our taste is different compared to other cuisines, which is interesting and new for foreigners.”
How has it changed on an international level?
Our culinary scene is changing in a positive way. I see Prague as similar to Copenhagen in that it’s on the same route to becoming a gastro hub. What did you know 15 years ago about Nordic cuisine? Nothing. And what now? I think Prague and Czech cuisine are on the same path.
Do you see Prague becoming more Michelin-star focused in the future, following the lead of La Degustation?
I don´t see that happening because here restaurants are more simple than fine dining. What really matters is the quality of the food and this is what our chefs are focused on more and more. In the future, I think restaurants will focus more on serving perfect food in a small, modern settings, than fine dining service with silverware.
How do you combine tradition with modernity at La Degustation?
We have no other option but to modernise. There are a lot of old Czech cooking books with great recipes, but we don’t have any more open fires in the kitchen. We don’t have a cellar for storing our meat and wild birds, and most of the animals and vegetables that were used before are prohibited now. Nowadays, we must replace many items, but we try to use the right ingredients to reach the same unique taste. We are using modern techniques and knowledge to develop old cuisine, which is great fun for our chefs.
If a visitor wants to sample traditional Czech cuisine in Prague, where should they book a table?
I would recommend Lokál Dlouhááá. It’s not only good place for a beer, they also have great food that reflects a homemade traditional style of cuisine. To eat, I would choose tripe soup and dumplings with sauce.
When you have an evening off cooking, where do you go out to eat?
I like to go to Sansho, Bistro Milada, Lokál Dlouhááá or Na Stodolci. I like uncomplicated but tasty meals, and this is what I find in these places. I also go to u Zlatého tygra for great beer with my friends.
Where do you buy your ingredients in Prague?
Every day we go to Pražská tržnice (holešovice Prague 7) to buy ingredients for the restaurant. One of our chefs also drives daily to pick up ingredients directly from farmers, fishermen, hunters, and so on. Our menu strongly depends on what they offer us each day. It is great to not know what will be on the menu tomorrow as it pushes us to be creative.