At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Waiter service? Footrests? Beds! London’s boutique cinemas are leading the charge against the faceless high street chains – here are five of London’s best cinemas
Remember when going to the cinema was an event? The earliest picture houses with their striking facades, ornate interiors and names referencing that most novel of inventions – electricity – suggested a side helping of pomp along with the movie feature. However, fast-forward to the present day and much of the original romance of going to the cinema has been diluted by sterile multiplexes and the rise of home streaming services like Netflix. But, like the underdog who turns hero in the last reel, some of London’s best cinemas are fighting back; from cosy enclaves with waiter service like the Electric Cinema to iconic edifices like the Ciné Lumière, we explore the chic and boutique cinemas that know there’s much more to a night at the pictures than a two-for-one ticket to the latest blockbuster and a box of popcorn.
This screening room in the Grade II listed, Art Deco L’Institut Français tends to have a bias towards French and European releases – quelle surprise. But here’s something you might not expect: located in South Kensington, not far Exhibition Row, Ciné Lumière augments its comfy seating and stylish ambience with its very own original Rodin sculpture in the lobby. So chic you half expect it to sell packs of Gitanes and roll necks along with the pick’n’mix (kidding, they’re far too stylish for pick’n’mix).
The latest addition to the Picturehouse family may have only opened this year, but it has quickly established itself among London’s best cinemas. Conceived as the independent chain’s flagship, it sits proudly on the site of an old Cineworld in Piccadilly Circus. Once something of a fleapit, the cinema has had a suitably stylish overhaul with a grand staircase replacing the former entrance – doing away with the infamous escalator ride in the process. The screens have been made larger too, and, like other Picturehouse cinemas, there’s plenty of legroom. As befits Piccadilly Circus’s recent high-end makeover, the cinema includes a member’s bar, gallery space and rooftop terrace.
Like its sister cinema on Shaftesbury Avenue, the striking Grade II-listed Curzon Mayfair attracts a dedicated crowd of film lovers who praise the program here above all others. The bar is well stocked and, thankfully, you can take your beverage in with you. Look out for the original features in the main screen, including two Royal Boxes, while those fond of modern comforts can rely on plenty of spacious seating and luxurious amenities to make even the most glacial-paced arthouse film slip by.
The Electric Cinema on Portobello Road is one of the oldest working cinemas in Britain, featuring in the first crop of purpose-built cinemas to land in London. Nowadays, the real selling point is the chic ambiance and fantastic roster of films, as well as the luxurious facilities. Not only does The Electric boast waiter service and deluxe seating, but there’s also a selection of beds for those who really want to settle in. There’s also a bar inside the auditorium, which serves a delicious range of hot and cold snacks.
Part of an independent network of boutique cinemas, The Screen on the Green in Islington is a one-screen movie house with a loyal fan base of locals. Originally opened in 1913, TSOTG is one of the oldest, continually running cinemas in London. At night, the glowing neon façade certainly captures the theatre of the early, purpose-build cinemas, but step inside and the ostensibly vintage auditorium will impress with its modern touches. Opt for the premium upgrade and treat yourself a luxurious sofa with leg rests.