At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From walking tours to masterclasses, there are plenty of ways to enjoy chocolate in London
England may not be as famous as Belgium for its chocolate making, but a trip to the capital is a treat for sweet-toothed travellers. London is full of local chocolatiers, crafting delicious cocoa creations and offering innovative experiences for guests. From chocolate cocktails and chocolate walking tours to a chocolate flight at one of the city’s most famous landmarks, here are our favourite ways to enjoy chocolate in London.
Combine your passions for sightseeing and chocolate by taking a chocolate flight on the London Eye with Hotel Chocolat. Every Saturday and Sunday, the premium British chocolatier takes guests on a group or private spin on the landmark attraction. As guests admire the rotating view, they’ll be treated to chocolate and truffle tastings, washed down with two glasses of Prosecco – one for each turn on the wheel. There’s also a goodie bag to take home.
Those with a fear of heights can opt for Hotel Chocolat’s Tasting Adventures at ground-level venues including Cocoa Vaults in Covent Garden, which also offers Bean to Bar masterclasses during which guests enjoy demonstrations of the entire chocolate-making process before rolling up their sleeves and trying their hand at piping their own bars – the ultimate chocoholic’s souvenir.
Chocolate Ecstasy Tours offers a walking tour like no-other. Taking place in the distinguished neighbourhoods of Mayfair, Chelsea and Notting Hill, these chocolate tours take chocoholics on a three to four-hour journey through chocolate making history, traditions and production, popping into top chocolatiers such as Prestat, which is known for its handmade truffles. For the ultimate indulgence, choose the all-day tour and discover the most delicious chocolate spots in the city, as well as tasting sessions, demonstrations and a gourmet lunch.
A trip to the world-famous Harrods department store is not only the perfect excuse to do some shopping, it’s also an excellent opportunity to indulge your sweet tooth. The deliciously aromatic Godiva Chocolate Café serves up incredible chocolate fondues featuring their famous dark, milk and white chocolate ganache. Select a Strawberry Fondue with milk chocolate and strawberries, a Classic Fondue with your choice of chocolate and a variety of dipping options, or, tailor-make your experience and create your own – we’re talking two chocolate varieties and premium dippers such as flavoured meringue fingers and madeleines.
If you’re still craving cocoa in the evening, head to Rabot 1745 for cocktails with a difference. The restaurant and bar, overlooking foodie hotspot Borough Market, resembles a Saint Lucian plantation house, bringing island charm to the décor and the menu. Standing out on the drinks list is a variety of creative chocolate cocktails – Cocoa Gin Martini (cocoa gin, dry curacao, cocoa bitters), Praline Soother (vodka, coconut milk, praline, white chocolate) and the Salted Caramel Soother (Vanilla infused rum, dry curacao, coconut milk, salted caramel chocolate, chocolate bitters), to name but a few. For younger guests (and young at heart adults), there’s also a selection of hot drinking chocolate. If the British weather bites, warm up with a Rum Chocolate, which includes a shot of Saint Lucian rum.