At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From traditional choral recitals to playful, British-inspired pantomimes, catch these Christmastime concerts in Malta
When it comes to Christmas festivities, Malta is – thanks to its many unique customs – a wonderful place to celebrate. There are the Christmas cribs, the traditional dishes, and the colourful festas. And then there are the many performances and concerts in Malta to look forward to. From British-inspired Christmas pantomimes to the Bethlehem Ghajnsielem nativity village to carols courtesy of the Malta Philharmonic Orchestra, these events cater to visitors seeking a special seasonal experience. (Oh no they don’t) Oh, yes they do!
Traditional live nativity scenes usually involve a handful of participants and a recreated stable. But the nativity village at Bethlehem Ghajnsielem (located five minutes from the Mgarr Harbour in Gozo) ups the scale tremendously. An entire historic village that visitors are encouraged to discover, Bethlehem Ghajnsielem features over 150 costumed actors, farm animals, and an array of traditional architecture and decoration. For an immersive Christmastime performance, few other events can compare.
Malta existed under British rule for more than 160 years, and in case you needed evidence of that – apart from the continuing ubiquity of HP sauce, of course – look no further than the humble panto. One of the most anticipated performances each year, the Christmas pantomimes performed by the Malta Amateur Dramatic Club certainly supplies the requisite amount of song, dance, and rather over-the-top kit. The fact that Treasure Island is this year’s choice dovetails very nicely indeed with the country’s pirate-filled past.
When it comes to Christmas concerts in Malta, the Viennese Night Christmas Gala – sponsored by Malta Art Events – is one of the grandest and most glittering in scope. The annual occasion sees world-class singers, dancers, musicians, and other performers hailing from Vienna appear on the Maltese stage, accompanied by the Malta Philharmonic Orchestra. Expect plenty of pomp and Christmas spirit.
Seeking traditional Christmas concerts in Malta – perhaps in a candlelit church? Follow the exemplary Malta Philharmonic Orchestra to the baroque splendour of the St George’s Basilica in Victoria, Gozo. Dating to the 17th century, the church is famous for its colourful ceiling frescoes and gilded ornamentation. It should more than make for an atmospheric backdrop for the concert, then, which will see the orchestra perform all the Christmastime classics, from Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus to Ave Maria and a number of traditional carols.
For those who never tire of practicing their “He’s behind you!”s, don’t miss the chance to attend your second Maltese panto. The Teatru Manoel in Valletta also performs Christmas pantomimes each year, and will be unleashing their vibrant version of Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood just before the holiday. From Merry Men to evil sheriffs, this should be a family-pleasing affair.
For first-timers, Malta’s village festas are a spectacle indeed. While each honours the unique heritage (and patron saints) of its particular village, you can expect garland-strewn streets, music and performances, and street parties that last well into the wee hours. Though many festas take place during the warmer months, a number of traditional festas are also held over the advent. Venture to Cospicua for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception on 8th December 2015, and look to celebrate St. Stephen on the 26th. Then, of course, is Christmas itself, when you can expect traditional street processions and no shortage of religious ceremony.