At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
You can’t celebrate Christmas in Prague without visiting the markets – try these five for an alternative shopping experience
Prague is (rightly) famous for its traditional Christmas markets. Picture: twinkling fairy lights, Christmas trees of skyscraper stature, chalet-style cottages selling trinkets and handicrafts and steaming mugs of svařené víno (don’t forget to note that one down – that’s Czech for “mulled wine”). And yet, once you’ve taken a turn about Wenceslas Square and have dropped by the Old Town Square, try heading off-piste for a taste of an alternative Christmas in Prague. From the trendy Prague Fashion Market to the Design Supermarket and the Dyzajn Market, head to these cutting-edge shopping destinations for designer fashion, unique housewares… and a glimpse into the city’s hip set.
Held in Prague’s trendy Holešovice district, Prague Fashion Market kicks off the season’s alternative shopping events. Returning for its 14th edition this November, the seasonal market (one of the largest in the city) specialises in independent fashion and jewellery, and will showcase works made by more than 150 designers and artists. But on-trend labels aren’t the only offerings: this year, the festival is joining forces with the Local Food Market, meaning delectations await alongside the design.
New in September 2017, Mint Market is located in The Prague Market (Hall 13) and occurs every Friday and Saturday. Inspired by the bustling weekend markets of Bangkok and London’s Camden, visitors can shop for independent fashion, food, books and design curios in a glorious, creative atmosphere. The perfect refuge when you’ve had your fill of traditional decs.
Against the classical backdrop of the National Theatre, Dyzajn Market is nevertheless as alternative as Christmas in Prague gets. Think: hundreds of local and international designers, interactive fashion shows, live music and theatrical performances – plus a playground for young ones. But even though Dyzajn Market skews towards a cutting-edge crowd, this is still a Christmas market; as such, seasonal comfort food and steaming drinks will be available in no short supply.
Shopping for someone with unique taste? Accompanied by live music and frequented by younger shoppers, the Winter Warehouse Flea Market encourages browsers to dig for vintage treasures in lieu of tourist knick-knacks. Across several rooms at MeetFactory, a creative space and cultural centre, roughly 75 vendors will pile tables high with tchotchkes and fill racks with retro finds. The hunt is officially on.
One of the city’s best farmers markets is also an excellent place to do some prepping for Christmas in Prague. Though there’s plenty of seasonal fare to sort through at the Jiřák Farmers Market, it’s also one of the best places to hunt for artisanal Czech goodies and gifts – particularly as the market stocks special, advent-themed gifts during the holiday season. From jars of honey and gingerbread men to locally made cider and sweets, this is stocking-filler central.