At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Blogger Sophie Hermann finds sanctuary at one of London's best spas, ESPA Life at Corinthia Hotel London
A handsome, uniformed doorman wearing a top hat sets a high standard as I enter the hotel. On the approach to the cavernous (yet hidden jewel) ESPA Life at Corinthia, a soothing blend of essential oils reach my nose and I immediately feel a million miles from the bustle outside…
For my first ESPA treatment I chose their 90-minute Age-Defying facial, which claimed to ‘restore youthful vitality and target signs of visible ageing’ — SOLD! My treatment, in one of the 17 treatment rooms, began with a skin cleanse followed by a super professional consultation and skin analysis with state- of-the-art equipment including a skin vision UV light to assess my skin’s needs.
The products used were from ESPA’s ‘lift and firm’ anti-ageing range and within minutes of the therapist flexing her hands I was in a dreamy, sleepy state of bliss. A steam machine for extractions isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but is a must for me and so it was incorporated into my experience. The scalp treatment felt suitably indulgent, and a derma-roller facial massage feels like it must be doing something miraculous. Frankly, I think it did: my skin visibly snapped to life, my jawline was noticeably more defined and it looked like perhaps I spent some time with a Hollywood doctor (no scalpel required). The best thing is that you can head straight out after the treatment: my skin tone had never looked so radiant and crucially, there were no signs of the traditional post-facial shiny redness.
A week later, after a Champagne-provoked tumble from my high heels (resulting in a broken fifth metatarsal — ouch) I decided to head back to ESPA, this time for a personalised massage.
After a full consultation with my massage therapist, aptly named Angel, I chose a Swedish Massage, which was definitely more than your usual massage.
The treatment included controlled breathing exercises, visualisation, full body massage, scalp massage and a (one) foot massage. Given my compromised foot situation we focused on my neck, head and shoulders to alleviate tension and stress. My guardian Angel elevated my other foot (feeling sorry for itself) during the treatment and then put heated crystals on it for healing, positive energy.
Afterwards I meandered (or rather, hobbled) around the thermal spa area: one of the most beautiful spa spaces I’ve visited. I fell in love with the feature light installation — like an enchanted chandelier of glow worms. The entire ESPA Life area is cleverly designed: there is a real sense of privacy and you don’t feel the presence of other guests, even when you know they are there. The glass-walled sauna is incredible for pre- and post-treatment relaxation, as are the sleep pods (a room actually encouraging you to nap — genius!). Even the changing facilities are huge and have dressing tables complete with everything you could possibly need.
In the Spa Lounge, all white, calm and futuristic, you can stop for nutritionally-conscious and delicious food. The spa menu is specially curated to provide ‘clean’ and balanced dishes, in line with ESPA’s overall philosophy of balance. Which was just as well because I was tempted by a glass of Champagne while having a spontaneous pedicure in their glamourous nail spa…if you need me, I’ll be here.