At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Learn about Corinthia Hotel London's newest collaboration with award-winning mixologists Marcis Dzelzainis and restaurateur Michael Sager of Sager + Wilde
Corinthia Hotel London’s two bars, Bassoon Bar and Northall Bar, are the heart and soul of catch-ups, meetings, reunions, lazy afternoons and long evenings. As part of the evolution of our menus this summer, we wanted to find new partners who share our dedication to quality ingredients and unexpected moments. We did not just want experts, but people who are like-minded and passionate; the ultimate geeks for all things wine and cocktail-related. Who answered this brief ? Award-winning mixologist Marcis Dzelzainis and restaurateur Michael Sager of Sager + Wilde.
In its former life, Corinthia Hotel London’s building was the Hotel Metropole and a veritable hive of glamour, fun and much-needed post WWI frivolity.
The hotel was the base for the Aero Club and the Alpine Club. The Prince of Wales, later King Edward VII, was known to entertain his guests at the hotel on various occasions, and after World War I the “Midnight Follies” became a well-known cabaret fixture. This social sparkle is something Marcis wants to bring back to reignite the atmosphere and reputation of hotel bars.
‘Often hotel bars are quite static and subdued, or focus on design over substance. Corinthia London is so lucky to have two contrasting spaces in which to entertain guests, and we think with a bit of new magic they will be the beating heart of the hotel’s social scene.’
As well as an air of anticipation and playful mixology, Michael wants to refocus the wine selection in the Northall on thoughtful, quality wines sourced often from little-known or unexpected locations. ‘All the wine served in the Northall will be bio-dynamically or organically grown, made with as little intervention as possible and most importantly, super delicious.
‘The Sager + Wilde philosophy is to work with people we believe in, work with small producers who care first and foremost about quality, and then to create experiences relevant to our guests. If we’re excited about something, there’s a good chance they will be too. For us it’s not just about the ‘what’, it’s about the ‘why’ we do what we do.’
Putting substance firmly on a level with style, new bar menus will challenge the perspective of traditional luxury hospitality and seek to surprise and delight guests with modern, innovative ingredients and techniques. But it’s not all about making an impact. ‘Innovation for the sake of showing off is pointless’, explains Marcis. ‘But flavour offers a hotline to the part of the brain responsible for memory. Flavours should be more about emotion than innovation.’
We hope we can offer a fresh perspective,’ adds Michael. ‘We’ve travelled so much and met people from all over the world in our restaurant venues, so we want to use this to broaden the definition of the luxury bar experience. This is an amazing partnership – Corinthia Hotel London is always looking to push the boundaries and explore the possibilities of what can be done with the privilege of this space. For us, as long as we remain passionate and true to our philosophy, then the possibilities are endless.’
Discover the story behind the new cocktail, The Last Dance
What’s in it?
A blend of Grey Goose vodka, aperitivo Rinomato, pink grapefruit, strawberry puree and Chambord liqueur.
What’s its story?
Before the press launch of the Red Sparrow film held here at the hotel, we looked up the favourite drink of the film’s star Jennifer Lawrence. Apparently this was grapefruit, vodka, and Cointreau. The name of the cocktail is a reference to the movie, as before she was a spy, the protagonist was a dancer, before an injury compromises her career and she joins the spy academy.
We wanted to reflect the story in a cocktail. Vodka was chosen as it is a traditional Russian beverage, strawberry and Chambord for the intense red colour, and grapefruit and aperitivo Rinomato for the bitter notes. The drink is vividly red and looks sweet in appearance, but is strong with a slight edge, just like the protagonist in the Red Sparrow.
What else should we be drinking this summer?
Vermouth is having a comeback, as are non-alcoholic cocktails which are getting more attention from the top mixologists and are therefore becoming a popular choice.