At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
This year, Corinthia Hotel Lisbon was nominated as the World’s Leading Green Hotel. Here’s what we did to make it sustainable
At Corinthia Hotels we’ve set some ambitious sustainability goals. Consistently seeking to reduce the environmental impact of our business activities, we’re also committed to providing the best possible experience for our guests. At this year’s World Travel Awards, Corinthia Hotel Lisbon was nominated for the World’s Leading Green Hotel 2018 Award. The Corinthia Hotel Lisbon project goes back over five years, when we first implemented the Energy Efficient Hotel programme in partnership with Galp Soluções de Energia and the Instituto de Soldadura e Qualidade. But what does it really take to create a sustainable hotel? Here, we find out just what’s involved.
Our sustainable hotel programme focused on three main areas: perfecting energy efficiency, preventing water wastage and saving unique habitats. We also complemented our efforts by forming partnerships with charities such as Just A Drop.
Using the very best cutting-edge equipment available, we designed new water reservoirs, updated heat exchangers and installed a new energy management system. In just six months, we succeeded in reducing energy consumption at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon by 25% – that’s 600,000 kWh and 290 tonnes of CO2.
The Association of Energy Engineers in Washington DC named the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon the Winner of the Western Europe Region Energy Project in 2013. But that doesn’t mean we’ve relaxed our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint and achieve optimal energy efficiency.
Today, the hotel can produce energy entirely autonomously and run large-scale events and operations in a highly energy-efficient way. That’s just as well: Corinthia Hotel Lisbon was named Portugal’s Leading Business Hotel at the World Travel Awards in 2015. And most recently, World’s Leading City Hotel in the 2018 World Travel Awards.
Corinthia Hotels has helped to fundraise for many worthwhile causes: helping to erect solar panels, irrigate trees and provide clean water for children in Africa. We saw these efforts as extensions not only of the caring culture that we’ve instilled at Corinthia Hotels, but also of the pioneering corporate social responsibility initiatives that we launched 12 years ago.
In Budapest, we’ve installed LED light bulbs, and we also supply bicycles to guests and follow a stringent recycling scheme with our plastic, paper and metallic waste. In Khartoum, we’ve built a water filtration plant, introduced air curtains to minimise the loss of conditioned air and use heat exchanges to reduce heat loss. At all of our hotels, we encourage staff to take the stairs over the lift where possible, and to turn off computers and switches when they’re not in use.
Creating a sustainable hotel is not just about action. It requires a vision, and a brand-wide promise to respect the environment and do our bit for the planet. It’s our ambition to make each one of our hotels as green as possible, while providing the level of service and attention to detail that we’re famous for across the globe.