At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
What's it's really like to be a leading wedding planner in London
Your wedding day. The best day of your life. You’re going to need someone dedicated to every detail to help you prepare such a momentous occasion. That’s where Alexandra Pisani comes in. Starting as the senior wedding planner at Corinthia Hotel London, Alexandra now runs her own stand-alone wedding and event planning business, Alexandra Pisani & Co.
If you ever wondered what it’s really like to be a five-star wedding planner, you’re about to find out. Here’s a typical day in the life of one of Alexandra Pisani.
Today I wake up at 5am. Most of my mornings follow a similar sort of routine. I usually wake up early and it is essential that I fit in my meditation before I start my day. I spend around 10 minutes on this, and it really focuses my mind. I then usually try to fit in some form of exercise – this varies from pilates and weight training to more intense bootcamp sessions. My favourite places are Barry’s Bootcamp and Sweat IT and today I’m off for an early morning class at Barry’s.
This is the time that I usually arrive at my desk, so I can get a head start on the day. First things first, I reply to new client enquires. Because I want my service to be bespoke and personal, the first point of contact is always me. But as well as replying to new clients directly, now is also the time I would liaise with existing clients and key suppliers.
The mornings vary depending on what meetings I have that day, but if I’m in the office then I will regroup with my team. Today we had a strategy meeting about upcoming events.
I usually have a light lunch around this time, if I don’t have any client meetings scheduled.
The afternoons are when I schedule in a lot of my meetings. There is often a lot of running around to various locations in central London, but I do try and hold many of my meetings at Corinthia London, because it is such an inspiring beautiful space. On this particular afternoon, I am meeting a couple that are getting married in June 2019. I meet them at their house in Kensington to have their first design meeting – it’s a very exciting thing to be involved with.
Industry events take up some of my evenings. I try to go to these as much as possible – it is always good to network and stay in the loop with what’s going on. Tonight, I head to a wine tasting evening, along with some fellow wedding planners. However, on nights when I’m not working, I spend quality time with my partner or have friends over at our home.
On a usual day, I’m in bed around 9pm read to read a book. I am currently reading Sapiens and I have just finished the Unfinished Palazzo by Judith Mackrell, which was such a great read.
I try to end the day with five minutes of meditation to really wind down, and of course I then set my alarm for that 5am start.