At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Learn about the family-owned vineyard in the Douro helping fly the flag for Portuguese wine
Served at Corinthia Lisbon, Quinta de La Rosa produces critically acclaimed wine in Portugal’s Douro region, which is renowned all over the world for its port wine production. A family business, we spoke to owner Sophia Bergqvist about the story behind the vineyard, what to look for when tasting Portuguese wine and the best pairings to serve alongside their vintages.
What are your earliest memories of the Douro region?
“I visited every summer to stay with my grandmother Claire, who lived at Quinta de La Rosa all year around. It was always very hot and dry and dusty. There was no air conditioning but she did have a pool, which died my hair blue because of the copper sulphate she used instead of chlorine. The river Douro wasn’t dammed and we would often play around in the water. I remember we went on a trip in a traditional Rabelo boat over the rapids one Easter, which was very scary! The Douro was very different then and it only had rough, windy roads that would make me feel carsick. Back then, there were no tourists here and nobody came to the Douro in the summer. I loved it and cried every time I left.”
Can you tell us a bit about the evolution of the Quinta de la Rosa estate?
“The estate was originally given to my grandmother as a christening present in 1906—her father ran the Quinta under his shipping company Feuerheerd. The company was sold and he kept the Quinta and sold the grapes to port producers, Sandeman. It wasn’t until 1988 that my father Tim and I set up a company selling port under our name and became one of the first in the region to start making wine and open our doors to tourism. Today, we have 23 guestrooms, a shop, tours, tastings and a restaurant.”
What are your tasting tips for those interested in sampling Portuguese Douro wine?
“I like to always make sure that the wines or ports are quite cool, and in the summer I like to keep them chilled. I would also say it’s a good idea to ensure you have a decent glass to taste in—my favourites are Riedel or Schott. Glassware is deceptively important when carrying out a tasting. Lastly, many Douro wines are drunk too soon—cellar them for a few years before you open them.”
What do you think sets Portuguese Douro wine apart from other Mediterranean producers?
“The freshness and acidity of the wines combined with the complexity and fascinating history associated with port. I’d say also that the excellent ageing potential of Douro wine sets it apart.”
What are some of your favourite food pairings with Quinta de La Rosa’s wines?
“The wines, especially our Estate red, are very versatile and work well with many dishes. My favourite pairings include Portuguese specialities such as Serra da Estrela cheese and Bacalhau, as well as our port with chocolate desserts or an almond tart.”
As we move into autumn, what are the best bottles to enjoy as the days get colder and shorter?
“As the weather gets cooler, I really enjoy our old reserve red wine and vintage port. For me, it’s a case of the older the better!’