At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From the iconic Hero’s Square to the glamour of the Hungarian State Opera House, these are the essential stops on Andrássy Avenue.
Just as Paris has the Champs-Élysées and London has The Mall, Budapest has its own famous tree-lined boulevard, Andrássy Avenue. Stretching over 2.5km from the historic Heroes’ Square to St. Stephen’s Basilica via the Hungarian State Opera House, this picturesque avenue encompasses world-class museums, innovative art galleries, classical monuments and award-winning architecture. In fact, it’s so important that it’s been recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. While the road – located a stone’s throw from Corinthia Hotel Budapest – may be long, if planned correctly it’s possible to visit many of Andrássy Avenue’s highlights in one day. To make things a little easier, we’ve created this sequential guide to the best things to see along the way.
Andrássy Avenue begins in the bucolic surroundings of City Park (Városliget in Hungarian). Kick-start your day with a stroll around 300 acres of gardens, lakes, museums and castles, setting aside some time to stop by the romantic lakeside Vajdahunyad Castle. On your way out, walk through Heroes’ Square, where the giant towering Millennium Monument commemorates the 1,000-year history of the Magyars.
As you head down Andrássy Avenue you’ll come across a number of charming squares. The first, Kodály Körönd, is a circle of real estate heaven, with imposing palatial townhouses surrounding a small park. The next is Oktogan, which features equally impressive architecture and multi-coloured buildings. The third, Liszt Ferenc Square, comes along at the perfect time for a coffee break and is, conveniently, full of cafés and restaurants.
Once suitably restored, venture into the nearby theatre district in Pest, also known as Budapest’s Broadway. There are a number of excellent theatres in the area, including the Budapest Operetta and Musical Theatre, which specialises in Hungarian operas and contemporary musicals.
Many of the side streets surrounding Andrássy Avenue are filled with art galleries. An essential stop for creative minds is the House of Hungarian Photographers (Mai Manó House). Here, works by the greatest established and up-and-coming Hungarian photographers are presented in the beautifully restored residence of late Imperial and Royal Court photographer, Mai Manó.he cold at bay.
Continue down Andrássy Avenue and you’ll come across the grand Hungarian State Opera House. The exterior of the striking neo-Renaissance building is a sight in itself, while inside it’s even more elaborate. With a busy programme of operas, musicals, dances and dramas, there’s always plenty going on. Time your visit to take in a matinee or book evening tickets and return for a night of top quality entertainment.
End your tour on a high at St Stephen’s Basilica, the largest church in Budapest. The magnificent Neoclassical Roman Catholic church is dedicated to Hungary’s first king, St Stephen, and houses some of the country’s most sacred treasures and artefacts. If you’re lucky, you may even catch one of the organists playing the 200-year-old organ, which features over 6,500 pipes.