At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Borough Market’s best traders take us on a tour of the foodie haven
Borough Market is a foodie institution with worldwide fame. Better than your average market, it’s the ultimate place to sample British and international produce when in London. From British charcuterie at Cannon & Cannon and English cheese at Bath Soft Cheese Co, to fine truffles at Tartufaia and fresh French-style breads at Olivier’s Bakery, there’s so much to sample. And who better to take you on a tour than the traders themselves? Here, we speak to some of our favourite stall owners about what makes their produce so special and the must-try foods that every visitor should sample.
Cannon & Cannon is at the forefront of the British charcuterie industry. Famed for its creative, British cured meats, it’s stocked full of produce that will make you rethink the next time you go to pick up a pack of sausages. Market Manager Nikoline Nielsen take us on a tour of the stall.
What do you sell at Cannon & Cannon?
At Cannon & Cannon we sell British cured meats and artisan products made by small farmers all around Britain, including sustainable meats, rare breeds, heritage breeds and proper English meat. We’ve got around 12 different producers on the stall, sourced from everywhere from Inverness to Sussex and Wales.
What’s so great about British cured meat?
The good thing with Cannon & Cannon and British cured meat is that there are no rules. We don’t have any legislation like you do in Italy. We’ve got the saucissons that you go out and buy, but we give a little bit more of a twist to it. The creators are very inventive.
Any recommendations to sample?
Seaweed and cider from Cornwall or duck and Sichuan pepper from Trady Farm – I think these would be my go to if you want to look for something a little bit different. Or if you want to try something traditionally British, we do a venison chorizo.
Trading: Monday to Saturday
If you’re a connoisseur of truffles (the mushrooms, not the chocolates), make a beeline for Tartufaia. The stall imports truffles from around the world, which it sells alongside truffle-based products such as olive oil, butter and honey. Assistant Manager Stefania Sautto has the low-down.
Truffles are trendy in the culinary industry right now. Have you noticed people have become more interested?
Yes. People are approaching truffles differently now. It seems like they’re responding well to it and really like to use it in their food. They’re getting quite famous as well.
What do you sell at the stall?
We specialise in white mushrooms and truffles, which is unique in Borough Market. We’ve got different species of truffles from all over the world. At the moment, we’ve got Spanish and Italian. We even have Australian truffles when they’re in season. The boss is a cook so he also makes foie gras and liver paté with black truffle. One of the best sellers is our white truffle honey, which I think is very special.
What should visitors sample?
The first thing we always invite them to do is smell the truffles (on display at the front of the stall). We always recommend the fresh truffles when they’re in season because that’s the best way to approach the truffle. If they’re travelling and can’t take fresh truffles home, we suggest the truffles with sea salt – a natural preservative that makes the truffles last a bit longer.
Trading: Wednesday to Saturday
Olivier’s Bakery is a carb-lover’s paradise. Offering freshly-baked bread, tasty cakes and French pastries – the stall offers the ultimate flour-based indulgences. Sophie Bertucat, stall manager and sister of baker Olivier Favrel, shows us around.
What makes Olivier’s Bakery unique?
Everything is made fresh daily and we use only organic English flour. We’ve got many different breads and pastries, but everything is made in a French way, so with mustard, chocolate, and so on. I think that’s what makes us different.
Tell us about Olivier
Olivier is my brother. He’s always loved baking because he bakes with his heart. He’s always trying to make it the best of what he can. It’s his life. He really loves to play with the dough and creates so many different things.
What do you recommend people try when they come to your stall for the first time?
The brownie, which is made with 70% Belgian dark chocolate. It’s very intense. And our almond croissants – they’re the best. They’re very moist, very tasty and very French. But I love everything on the stall. Everything is so good it’s difficult to tell them what to try!
Trading: Wednesday to Saturday
When it comes to cheese, go local at Bath Soft Cheese Co. The stall’s award-winning organic cheese is made at Park Farm, outside the city of Bath, using milk from its own herd of cows. Stall Manager Will Nash tells us what to sample.
What makes Bath Soft Cheese Co stand out from other cheese stalls in Borough Market?
We have our own farm and our own dairy. This is a family business, run by four generations. The first cheese they started making was the Bath Soft Cheese. They discovered a recipe in an old grocery in Bath, dated 1790, so it’s one of the oldest recipes of English soft cheese there is.
Do you have any personal favourites?
It’s seasonal for me because cheese changes from batch to batch, as all organic cheese should. If it’s colder, people tend to go for blue cheeses and stronger flavours because it’s too cold to taste anything else and it warms you up a bit, in the summer you may go for more a soft cheese you can picnic with and spread over bread. The farm cheese is a staple as it’s available all year round and is great for cooking with. I probably eat the most of that.
Any insider tips?
We’ve just started working with an Italian chef, Tom, who makes fresh mozzarella and burrata at the stall literally right in front of people, so people can now try British and Italian cheeses in one visit.
Trading: Tuesday to Saturday