At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Kitschy flea markets, upscale arcades, and caviar emporiums: where to go on a St Petersburg shopping trip
What will be in your St Petersburg haul – mink fur coats, tins of caviar, and a few bottles of ultra-premium vodka, say? Certainly possible – though St Petersburg shopping goes well beyond classic luxury. From the traditional Imperial Porcelain Factory to the kitschy Udelnaya Flea Market and the delectable Eliseyev Emporium, these eight shopping experiences will leave you with arms full of Mother Russia’s finest – just be certain to weigh your suitcase before the flight home.
It’s not just anywhere that you can pick up top class caviar. To drop a stack of roubles on a jar of St Petersburg’s best, make your way to the storied Eliseyev Emporium. Dating to the turn of the 20th century, this is no ordinary grocery store – and, alongside all the caviar, you’ll also be able to scoop up smoked salmon, fancy tea, and confectionaries from the sophisticated food hall.
Fans of one-stop shopping – not to mention glitz – would do well to set aside a day to wander the five glittering storeys of the Galeria. A colossal new complex near to Nevsky Prospekt, the shopping centre hosts a wallet-taxing 290 boutiques and 20 restaurants within its neoclassical walls. Visitors will find plenty to peruse amongst the local and international brands – this is, after all, the largest shopping destination in the city.
On the other end of the spectrum to Galeria, the historic, covered arcade of Bol’shoy Gostinyy Dvor dates back to the 18th century and ranks among the earliest established shopping arcades in the world. Behold its grand, sunny yellow façade before ducking in to browse the designer-pedigreed selection.
Eager to kit out your home in a manner the Russian Imperial family would’ve approved of? Simply head to the Imperial Porcelain Factory which, true to its name, has quite the royal pedigree. A number of boutiques and outlets are available across the city, so you shouldn’t have to venture far to adopt your own plates, vases – or painted eggs.
Not every stall at the Udelnaya Flea Market – a permanent shopping space on the edge of the city – will offer the items you seek, but for those looking for a particular breed of Soviet kitsch, it’s hard to do better. Pick up sickle-and-hammer keepsakes, army memorabilia, and other authentic antiques, as well as vintage clothes.
You may need to set aside some extra suitcase space (or investigate overseas shipping options) when on a St Petersburg shopping trip, but a piece of locally made art from the Perinnye Ryady art centre is one way to bring some local culture home with you. Situated within an arcade, the art centre hosts an exhibition space, as well as makers selling oil paintings, photos, and other works.
St. Petersburg wouldn’t be St. Petersburg without the literary heritage – go for a stroll and you’ll be treading along the same cobbles as Dostoevsky and Chekhov. Honour that heritage, then, with a pilgrimage to Poriadov Slov, or Word Order, which, according to the local literati, ranks among the finest independent bookstores in the city. Don’t fret if you haven’t yet mastered the Cyrillic alphabet – you can still soak up that erudite atmosphere with a foreign language publication in hand.
Of the revolutionary persuasion? Then throw off your furs and venture to Taiga, a small network of independent businesses and individual creators ranging from local labels to bookstores and shops offering one-off vintage treasures. After you’ve picked up a few interesting pieces to take home, the café, gallery, and performance space will keep you entertained into the evening.