At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Famed for its port production, Portugal’s new generation of distillers are turning their talent to premium gin
Portugal is famous for its ancient Port production, but the country’s new wave of distillers are turning their attention to another spirit: gin. In recent years, the Portuguese passion for the juniper-based drink has increased markedly, and along with the artisan gin and tonics popping up in bars, the country’s own gin producers are now creating award-winning blends by combining traditional techniques with new ingredients. Here, we profile the names to know in Portuguese gin.
From the Bairrada region, Big Boss Gin was arguably Portugal’s first premium gin and inspired the country’s new wave of gin distillers. Big Boss was created after a year’s worth of research and development, and it’s made using a secret recipe of 11 botanicals that include cardamom and angelica root. The blend is also subject to four distillations performed according to artisan techniques and the result is a fresh and unique gin that can be garnished with pink peppercorns, juniper berries or spearmint. In addition to the traditional dry gin, Big Boss produces a pink gin, created with red fruits, which has a sweeter, fruity flavour that’s best complemented by a garnish of strawberries or pomegranate seeds.
Launched in 2013, Sharish Gin is made in the Alentejo region, which is famous for its wine production. Founded by Antonio Cuco, who had previously worked as a teacher, Sharish gin incorporates plenty of indigenous Portuguese ingredients such as Alentejo’s abundant supply of citrus fruits, picked from Antonio’s estate, and Bravo Esmolfe Apple PDO, an Alentejo delicacy, as well as juniper and vanilla. Each ingredient is distilled separately in traditional Portuguese copper stills before being combined with a spirit base that’s made from a mixture of rice and wheat. Expect a smooth gin with a pleasing fruity taste and pronounced notes of apple and citrus, best served with thin slices of apple. Antonio was inspired to launch Sharish Gin on account of his own passion for premium gins, and Sharish takes its name from the Arabic name for the charming town of Reguengos de Monsaraz, where Antonio lives. Alongside several limited edition serves, the company also produces a very popular, colour changing Blue Magic Gin. Thanks to a natural flower extract, the blue tincture transforms to pink when mixed with tonic water. You can sample it for yourself at the Tempus Lounge within Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.
Hailed as the Iberian Peninsula’s first organic gin, Templus is made in the city of Évora, in Alentejo, and named after the city’s famous Roman temple, which was built in the 1st century AD. In addition to only using organic ingredients, the manufacturing process is also painstaking, with each step (except for the filling of the bottles) performed by hand. Produced in small batches, the blend has a juniper base, but the inclusion of peppermint and pennyroyal, found locally, adds an intriguing flavour.
So called as it’s made with 13 different botanicals, Gin 13 includes tangerine, jasmine flower and black tea. The botanical ingredients are distilled in traditional stills four times over before extracts of lemon and lemongrass are added along with hops, an ingredient that’s most commonly associated with beer production. The design of the bottle references the superstition surrounding the number 13, decorated with symbols such as a four-leaf clover, black cats and skulls. Expect notes of liquorice, citrus and spicy cardamom as well a peppery flavour from the juniper. Best served with good quality tonic and a garnish of lime and cardamom.
Produced in the northernmost part of Portugal, Tinto Gin was inspired by the unspoilt natural landscape that surrounds the town of Valença. The area has a plentiful supply of fresh herbs and wildflowers, such as dill, blackberry, lemon balm, poppy and rosemary, which are all incorporated into Tinto Gin. Furthermore, the secret ingredient is perico, a locally grown variety of pear that has a deliciously sweet and sour taste. The spirit base is a mixture of rye and barley and the ingredients are slowly macerated in order to maximise their flavours. Garnish your Tinto Gin and tonic with curls of lemon zest and cardamom.