At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Step back in time at Kvartirka Soviet Café in St Petersburg and experience the dishes that defined the era in a unique setting
From a comforting dish of pelmeni to the wonderfully named ‘herring under a fur coat,’ Soviet-style dining is making a comeback in St Petersburg, with restaurants like Kvartirka Soviet Café allowing diners to travel back in time for the duration of their meal. With a name that translates roughly to “a small apartment” in Russian, Kvartirka has been designed to evoke the atmosphere of a typical Soviet home; the space has been decorated with genuine Soviet furniture, right down to the Soviet newspapers, with a traditional menu to match. Here, Alexandra Navolskaya, Brand Manager of Soviet cafes Kvartirka and Dachniki, explains the venue’s unique appeal.
How did the idea for Kvartirka St Petersburg come about?
When we opened the first café, we wanted to create a space that was really authentic but also comfortable and cosy at the same time. We also wanted to make sure that the theme was interwoven into every aspect of the venue, from the name to the interiors and the menu. The owners were inspired by their own experiences and memories to create a place based on their nostalgia for Soviet times.
Can you tell us more about food and restaurants during the Soviet era?
Soviet cuisine drew on influences from all over the USSR. The famous Russian pelmeni (dumplings) were originally from Siberia and the Urals, while Ukrainians brought pork lard, which had not previously been used in Russian cooking. Soup with noodles is a typical dish from the south of Russia, and this became the most popular soup in Soviet canteens. (In soviet culture, self-service canteens, called stolovaya, were common.)
Once a luxurious dish enjoyed the Russian nobility, Beef Stroganoff was eaten all over the country by the end of the Soviet era. The Baltic influence on Soviet cuisine came via recipes for syrniki (cottage-cheese pancakes), whilst the Ukraine gave us vareniki (sweet dumplings) and borsch, probably the most famous beetroot soup in Russia.
Due to the Soviet ideology and limited resources available, most cafes and restaurants served a very similar menu consisting of standard, simple dishes. Soviet dishes did not have any foreign ingredients or condiments. Hence why the majority of these recipes were so easy to cook at home, and also why Soviet cuisine is a point of nostalgia for older generations of Russians.
Can you talk us through the interior decoration of the cafe?
All the furniture and artefacts that you see in the cafe are authentic. From the old wooden wardrobe to the New Year tree decoration, we wanted to really recreate the genuine atmosphere of the typical Soviet flat. If you happen to have grown up in Russia during the Soviet era, you will certainly recognise many things from your childhood here!
Why do you think the cafe is so popular with visitors?
In spite of the fact that the Soviet period was not an easy time for our nation, it still retains a lot of warm memories and emotions in people’s minds. Therefore, our restaurants are about the positive memories of Soviet times for those who were born when the USSR existed. For visitors from other countries, or the younger generation, our restaurants are a way of experiencing a bygone era by surrounding themselves with authentic Soviet furniture, books, newspapers, technology and, of course, food!
Do you use traditional recipes for the dishes served, or do you like to give them a modern twist?
We try to retain all the traditional features of the dishes. Our chefs regularly draw inspiration and information from the original edition of the Soviet cuisine recipe book. However, we’re also mindful that we live in the 21st century, so we include a few more popular modern dishes and drinks on the menu too.
What more unusual dishes on the menu should visitors try?
The famous “herring under a fur coat” is one of the most traditional Soviet salads, but for many it sounds deeply mysterious and unusual. I’d also recommend trying the Vorschmack, which is a cold herring-based starter, and Solyanka soup, made with three types of meat, potatoes, olives, lemon and pickles. All of these dishes are pretty unusual, and very tasty.
What can visitors expect to drink at Kvartirka?
I would definitely recommend trying our homemade liquors. These are all made in-house, using only natural and high quality ingredients. Be sure to sample traditional flavours such as hrenovukha (horseradish), cherry, cranberry or chokeberry. You can order a single shot or ask for the degustation set and get four flavours of your choice.
As for the non-alcoholic drinks, our berry drink, Mors is nice, and of course, Grandma’s Tea, which is served in a real Samovar and accompanied with some traditional sweets.
How do you think Kvartirka fits into St Petersburg’s dining scene in 2018?
Our Soviet concept continues to delight both local people and visitors to St Petersburg. We had a great 2017 and we’ve got ambitious plans for 2018, so watch this space!