At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
The brains behind Budapest-based womenswear label Nanushka, Sandra Sandor explains why the city never fails to inspire her
Acclaimed designer Sandra Sandor is the woman behind hit fashion label Nanushka, and while she might have trained in London, Nanushka is very much a product of Budapest. The brand is stocked all over the world but Sandor, who grew up in the Hungarian capital, still lives there today and has recently opened a new flagship Nanushka Store & Café that’s inspired by her love of her hometown. Here, Sandor shares her favourite spots in Budapest, why she’s looking forward to summer in the city and where’s on her travel wish list for 2018.
What inspired you to launch your own label, Nanushka, in 2006?
I studied at the London College of Fashion for a bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design and Technology. Whilst working on my graduate collection in the final semester, I felt very inspired to start my own brand. I made the decision then, that instead of continuing my studies with an internship at a bigger fashion house – like most new graduates – I returned from London and started working on my own collection right away. During the early 2000s it was a truly exciting time in Hungary. When we started Nanushka, a lot of other young designers were starting up too and it felt like the beginning of a new generation.
How are your designs inspired by Budapest?
The city is my home, this is the place where I grew up and I now live with Peter, my partner in business and life. We have recently opened our new flagship store, Nanushka Store & Cafe, and I think this place represents best what I love so much about Budapest. It feels like home, it’s cosy and it incorporates many cultural elements that in the end created an unexpected harmony, just like the city itself. This is reflected in my designs as well. When you come to Budapest, you’ll often find a Turkish bath on one side of the street, next to Brutalist buildings on the other side. These clashing cultures drive me and inspire me in all domains of my life.
When you’re in search of creative inspiration in Budapest, where do you go?
I love to visit exhibitions in the Ludwig Museum or just take a stroll around the city. I like to visit my favourite little spots, like Madach Imre Square, where I can have a bite to eat or drink. This place fills the functions of a comprehensive art gallery and an urban meeting point in the heart of Budapest. If I need peace and quiet, I love Árpád Tóth promenade – in the Buda castle – which has a scenic view of the surrounding hills.
Can you tell us a bit about your current Spring/Summer 2018 collection?
It’s inspired by both Oriental Culture and Wild Western Americana. The Far Eastern influences appear in animal prints and silk scarf inspired silhouettes, while the Wild Western theme is apparent in the denim pieces and bandana prints. The muse for the collection was Lisa Bonet from the late 80s movie Angel Heart, which is one of my favourite decades.
What are the signature pieces that every Nanushka woman should have in her wardrobe?
I love outerwear, so I think the most important would be a nice robe coat that is trans-seasonal and a good pair of jeans.
What Budapest summer events are you most looking forward to?
I think summer is just a very exciting time in general. The city comes alive, as we have so many places where you can sit outside, listen to music and people watch. We also have some great wine festivals in the Buda Castle.
Judging by your Instagram account, you clearly love to travel. What destinations are on your must-visit list for 2018?
Travelling really inspires me because your mind becomes almost childlike and very receptive. Joshua Tree in California and Asia are definitely on my list for the year ahead.