At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
What to see in this beautiful, historic part of the city
Its history makes it the oldest locale in Budapest, it’s a survivor of more than 30 sieges, its views don’t need Instagram filters to look good, and its sheer bounty of important landmarks has earned it coveted UNESCO status. No wonder the Buda Castle District ranks high on visitors’ lists. From the Hungarian National Gallery to the Matthias Church, the Castle Hill Funicular to the sweet treats of Ruszwurm, these nine attractions should have you well on your way to exploring Budapest’s old heart. Wear the most comfortable shoes you’ve packed – there’s a lot of cobblestoned strolling ahead.
Exploring the Buda Castle District? It only makes sense to begin with the namesake Royal Palace. Though the first palace in the area was established as far back as the mid-13th century, thanks to dozens of ensuing sieges, battles, and wars, the structure that stands today is a more modern specimen, with most reconstruction having taken place after WWII. Still, its neoclassical good looks endow it with old-fashioned grandiosi
Once you’ve marvelled at its façade, head indoors: the Royal Palace also happens to host several of the city’s premier cultural institutions. The most expansive of the lot is the Hungarian National Gallery, which encompasses four floors and traces Hungarian art history from medieval bas-reliefs up to 20th century abstract paintings.
Inspired by Ottoman takeovers? Interested in ancient architecture? Dizzied by dynastic history? Just next door to the Hungarian National Gallery is the Castle Museum (one of several divisions of the Budapest History Museum). After you’ve gotten your artistic fill, it’s the best way to quickly brush up on 1,000 years of the Hungarian capital’s history.
Odds are that, while wandering the Buda Castle District, you’ll likely catch sight of the Changing of the Guards ceremony – during daytime, it’s held every hour in front of the presidential Sándor Palace. Unlike the pomp of, say, Buckingham Palace, this ceremony happens within feet of local visitors, who can trail after the nattily dressed troops as they circle the grounds and salute with their immaculate choreography.
Given its height above the Danube, the Fisherman’s Bastion doesn’t allow for much fishing (the name honours the medieval guild of the fishermen, which historically protected this stretch of the district). But you will be able to drink in those city views. Perched on the edge of the castle fortifications and overlooking the picturesque Pest cityscape, it’s a travel photographer’s dream.
It may not quite match the gilded opulence of St Stephen’s Basilica across town, but the Matthias Church in the Buda Castle District is no less worthy an ecclesiastical stop. Having gone through many renovations – it was even used as a mosque during the Ottoman era – the structure is now famed for its Gothic elegance, colourful roof tiles, and the Art Nouveau frescoes and mosaics within.
It was its defensive, hilltop position that made the Buda Castle District popular amongst the city’s early settlers – but it’s that same hilltop vantage that makes it a sweaty undertaking for today’s travellers. Luckily, there’s the Castle Hill Funicular, which offers a quick trip to the summit and back for the weary-legged (and excellent views besides).
Time for a sugar hit? For the weary sightseer, it’s lucky that Ruszwurm is but a short shuffle from the district’s most popular sights. This old world pastry shop has been a local favourite since 1827, and cakes like the cloudlike, utterly decadent Ruszwurm Torte keep them coming
After you’ve washed down your cake with a coffee, finish up your explorations with something a bit harder. Though unknown to many foreign visitors, Hungary produces a huge range of truly exceptional vintages. And while local grape varieties like Hárslevelű and Kékfrankos may leave visitors guessing, the Faust Wine Cellar offers tutored tastings for those looking to revise. It shouldn’t prove too taxing.