At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
The award-winning vloggers share their take on the city
Award-winning vlogger and blogger Alex Hunter is the host of Attaché, a travel channel where useful information collides with off-the-beaten-track tips for the frequent traveller. Using Corinthia as their base, the Attaché team set of on a mission to explore the Venice of the North. Watch the full episode here and get Alex’s take below…
As seasoned travellers, what surprised you most about St Petersburg?
During my research for our episode, I was horrified to learn how much the city had suffered in the 20th century. I had prepared myself to see a city that bore the scars of a painful history, but I was very wrong. What I found was a vibrant, cosmopolitan city with a perfect balance of European influence and Russian heritage. Modern architecture sits comfortably next to monuments of a bygone era. It shows, quite admirably, what a people can do in the face of unimaginable darkness – they can create a place as captivating as St Petersburg.
Would you go again?
Absolutely. Even with three days of exploring I feel like we only scratched the surface of the city. Since my return, I’ve told friends and family of our St Petersburg adventures and, almost without exception, I was bombarded with enthusiastic recollections of their trips to the city. So now I have a list of the places and experiences I’d want on my itinerary for when I inevitably return.
What was the best part of your trip?
Skipping across the Neva Bay in a Soviet-era hydrofoil to Peterhof, the Tsar’s summer palace. It was a chance to experience the extraordinary Soviet engineering prowess before stepping back even further in time and exploring the beautiful grounds of Peterhof, in all its ostentatious glory.
Which activity would you recommend over all others?
As banal as it sounds on the face of it, riding the metro. Never before have I experienced a form of transport as exquisite or as unique as the St Petersburg Metro. Each station is its own work of art and each train is a time machine, taking you through history, through day-to-day, through St Petersburg life, all while surrounded by the people who make the city hum.
Top tip for someone staying at Corinthia St Petersburg?
This is a wonderful hotel in a wonderful location, you really do have St Petersburg on your doorstep. A couple of blocks in every direction from the hotel you’ll find a different flavour, both literally and figuratively, of the city – soviet cafés, bohemian coffee shops, niche museums, trendy bars. All of that just a few steps away from the comforts of one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed in.
Favourite cultural quirk: Less a quirk, more an unusual flavour experience – herring under fur. It’s a comfort food from generations past that consists of pickled herring topped with beetroot, carrot, potatoes, mayonnaise, hard boiled egg, and chopped onions. Tastes a lot better than it sounds! A quirky dish from a bygone era.
Best thing you ate: Pishki (beautiful deep-fried St Petersburg donuts)
Best thing you drank: Vodka purified with deer antlers at the Vodka Museum (but don’t tell my mother!)
Best practical tip for navigating St Petersburg: It’s an extremely walkable city so, once you’ve had your fill of the metro, walk, walk, walk. You’ll get to know the city and you’ll be rewarded with views of breathtaking facades, hidden gems, and the occasional soviet relic.