At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From natural cave networks to underground lairs, there’s a subterranean world of caves in Budapest to explore
While Budapest, with its grand castles and charming waterways, is beautiful from the surface, heading underground opens your eyes to a whole new world. Leave claustrophobia at ground level and venture beneath the city for an unforgettable subterranean adventure. Follow this explorer’s guide to the caves in Budapest and discover a fresh perspective of the city as you head below the castle to its eerie labyrinth, discover the wonders that lie beneath Gellért Hill or explore the vast Pálvölgyi Cave and Szemlőhegyi Cave networks.
Budapest is famous for its thermal springs, but while most have taken a soak in these mineral-rich waters, many have yet to explore their origins. Many years ago, as the hot bubbling water made its way from the mountains to the city, the flowing waters carved out natural caves below the Buda Hills. These caves still stand in their original formation, and many can be explored by adventure-seeking visitors. At more than 7km in length, Pálvölgyi is the longest of the caves in Budapest. It’s part of Duna-Ipoly National Park, which offers underground tours through the stunning multi-level labyrinth, and is particularly well known for its natural rock formations and stalactites.
Those interested in a challenge should explore Mátyáshegyi Caves. The caves, which are connected to Pálvölgyi Cave, were only discovered in the turn of the millennium and have since been left au naturale. As such, a tour is highly advised due to the conditions. Caving Under Budapest offers guided adventure caving tours, during which courageous participants will be physically and mentally challenged as they walk, climb and crawl through the beautiful network of caves – an unmissable experience for adrenaline junki
Szemlőhegyi Cave has a totally different aesthetic to its neighbour caves in Budapest, but what it lacks in towering stalactites, it makes up for in sparkle. The cave’s steep walls are lined with dazzling crystals and minerals, which give off a beautiful shimmering effect. Widely considered a national treasure, Szemlőhegyi Cave was awarded the nickname ‘Underground Flower Garden’ after visitors noticed that many of its mineral deposits resembled flower formations. The other key difference between this cave and the others is that it’s an easier walk, and its series of walkways are even accessible to wheelchair users.
If you’re feeling brave, venture beneath Buda Castle to its eerie labyrinth and discover the legends that continue to haunt the castle caves. Take a guided tour to explore the deep cellars and hear all the ghostly stories of the labyrinth’s past. Test your nerves by stepping inside the legendary Dracula’s Chamber, where King Matthias was imprisoned in the 15th century.
Those who don’t want to venture too deep underground should visit Gellért Hill. Underneath the hill lies one of the city’s best-kept secrets, a chapel housed in a network of caves; the ‘Rock Church’ is a former monastery of the Hungarian Pauline Order. After being sealed for several decades by the Soviet army, it reopened around 1990 and visitors can now take a tour of the caves and the church, which has been restored to its former glor