At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Visiting St Petersburg for the FIFA World Cup? Here’s what to do off the pitch
Known for its artistic and literary legacy, St Petersburg will add another string to its bow this summer as a host city for the FIFA World Cup 2018. Along with Moscow and several other Russian cities, St Petersburg will host many important matches. Fortunately for fans, there are a whole host of things to see and do across the city when you’re not cheering on your team, from horse riding and amusement parks to award-winning gastronomy. If you’re visiting St Petersburg for the FIFA World Cup, here’s how to make the most of your trip.
During the FIFA World Cup, the centre of the action will be at the Saint Petersburg Stadium, also known as Krestovsky Stadium due to its location on Krestovsky Island. Designed by Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa, the stadium is regarded as one of the most technically advanced in the world. It’s the second largest stadium in Russia, with a cleverly constructed sliding roof that can be opened or closed in a matter of minutes. As popular Russian sports commentator and president of the Association of Sports Press of St. Petersburg Gennady Orlov explains, “FIFA World Cup is an event, the scale and grandeur of which we need to witness live. Of course, for me, as for a football man, this is a very special year. In addition to the matches, I’m looking forward to visiting the newly opened ‘Russia – My History’ park, which includes interactive exhibitions that explore the history of Russia and St Petersburg. Our city has a long association with football and I have no doubt that St Petersburg will be the most hospitable hosts of the World Cup!”
In addition to world-class sport, there’s plenty to enjoy off the pitch, too. The stadium on Krestovsky Island backs onto a huge green space, which is a popular local haunt on account of its sporting activities and amusement park. Take a walk in the picturesque parkland, hire a bike and explore, or make use of the tennis and horse riding facilities. Young visitors will also appreciate Divo Ostrov, a Disneyland-style amusement park that’s located on the island. Alongside its wealth of outdoor activities, the island is home to some of St Petersburg’s most respected restaurants. Relax and refuel in between matches at Villa Zimaleto, known for its beautiful terrace, large garden and a menu that includes both European and Japanese dishes. Alternatively, embrace the holiday spirit at SunDay Ginza, a relaxed but chic restaurant that has its own sandy beach as well as an impressive children’s play area. Nearby, Na Rechke has been designed to resemble an elegant country residence and the extensive menu is comprised of breakfast options alongside freshly made salads, barbecued and grilled dishes, traditional Russian cuisine and sushi and sashimi.
Furthermore, visitors in town for the World Cup will also have the chance to witness another key cultural event: Scarlet Sails. The highlight of the White Nights celebration, this extraordinary event takes place on 23rd June 2018. An annual occurrence since the end of WWII, the event involves the procession of a boat with scarlet sails down the Neva River and is traditionally attended by students who are marking the end of the academic year. Today, it’s celebrated on a grand scale with live music, fireworks and entertainment; it’s a lively way to take in some of the history and character of St Petersburg and commemorate what’s sure to be an unforgettable summer in the city. As Vasily Gerello, the famous Russian opera singer and Ambassador of St. Petersburg for FIFA 2018 World Cup explains: “St Petersburg is an extraordinary city where sport and culture are of huge significance and the legacy of the World Cup will be well respected here. I am deeply proud that Russia and St. Petersburg are entrusted with such a momentous, grandiose football tournament and I can’t wait to witness world-class football!”