At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From Mission: Impossible to Hellboy, discover the movies filmed in Prague
With historic sights, characterful architecture and stunning cityscapes, Prague is a favourite filming location of directors, who often cast the Czech capital to play the part of cities like Moscow, Venice or Paris. Visit Prague and find yourself in the filming locations of action blockbusters such as Mission: Impossible and Hellboy, classic pictures like Amadeus and adaptations including Les Misérables. As the city gears up to celebrate Febiofest, the 24th annual Prague International Film Festival (23rd – 31st March 2017), we take a closer look at some of the most memorable movies filmed in Prague.
Spy movie Mission: Impossible starring Tom Cruise was one of the first major action thrillers to be set and filmed (in part) in Prague. Throughout the 1996 film, viewers can spot sights such as Charles Bridge, Old Town Square and the National Museum, as fugitive spy Ethan Hunt attempts to track down a suspect in Prague before fleeing to London. Over a decade after the hugely successful film premiered, crews returned to the capital to film parts of Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol. For the 2011 edition, Prague doubled as Moscow, with Prague Castle standing in for the Kremlin, and a ‘Moscow prison’ just outside of the city opening the movie with a dramatic escape scene.
In Daniel Craig’s memorable debut as James Bond in Casino Royale, Prague plays a starring role. Several scenes of the 2006 movie were filmed in the Czech capital, including the opening scene in which 007 kills two men to win his license to kill, which was shot at Danube House. Eagle-eyed viewers will also notice that the stairs of the hotel in Venice are, in reality, the stairs of the National Museum of Prague, while the Strahov Monastery, Prague Airport and the nearby spa town of Karlovy Vary also make an appearance.
While the 2012 remake of Les Misérables was shot in England, the original 1998 adaptation starring Liam Neeson and Uma Thurman was filmed mostly in the Czech Republic. While much of the filming took place in villages outside of the capital, Prague’s Troja Palace stands in for the court in the poignant scene where the protagonist finally admits that his true identity is Jean Valjean. In addition, Valjean’s Paris house is not in France but is a manor in Prague – the same house that plays the part of Mozart’s residence in Amadeus.
One of the first major international movies to be filmed in Prague was 1984 American period drama Amadeus. The Oscar-winning film, which was awarded eight gongs at the 57th Academy Awards, was directed by Czech director Miloš Forman, who chose Prague as a stand-in for Vienna. Walk in the footsteps of the cast by exploring the streets of Prague Old Town and Lesser Town at the foot of Prague Castle, visiting Strahov Monastery – a recurrent favourite of film directors – or taking in a show at the historic Estates Theatre.
Despite being set in America and Russia, 2004 action fantasy flick Hellboy was filmed predominantly in Prague. Explore the Czech capital to discover many familiar scenes from the comic film adaptation. The most distinctive is the protagonist’s house, the National Monument on top of Vítkov hill. Other places that Hellboy fans will recognise are Olšany Cemetery, Strahov Monastery, Holešovice and Smíchov, among others, while many studio scenes were shot in Prague’s Barrandov Studios. During the movie, you’ll even see a famous Czech face or two, such as Karel Roden, who played Grigori Rasputin.