At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Taste the freshest local produce and rub shoulders with the locals at the best markets in Malta
Pulsating with life, fresh produce and a healthy dose of haggling, Malta’s best markets are a fun and enjoyable way to discover Maltese cuisine, culture and learn how to shop like a local. Whether you’re looking to create an authentic Maltese picnic, stock up on local olive oil, window shop for intriguing antiques or just to enjoy soaking up the atmosphere, these outdoor markets in Malta come highly recommended.
A chance to sample the best and freshest produce in Malta, Ta’ Qali Farmers Market takes place near the picturesque Ta’ Qali National Park. Held every Tuesday afternoon and Saturday morning, stop at the market on your way to the park and pick up a seriously delicious picnic. Sample freshly baked bread, locally made cheeses such as gbejniet, cured meats, wine and Maltese honey, and don’t forget to try the regional delicacy, bigilla (a dip made with tic beans or broad beans).
Marsaxlokk is Malta’s biggest fish market, and even if you’re not looking to cook up your own catch of the day, it’s worth visiting for the atmosphere and spectacle. Taking place in the charming harbour of the village of Marsaxlokk, the fish is lifted straight off the fishermen’s boats and onto the market stalls. Look out for the eager locals who will haggle with the fishermen to get the best price. After soaking up the sights, head to one of the harbourside restaurants for a fishy feast.
Known as both Vittoriosa and Birgu, this ancient city forms a wonderful backdrop for this Tuesday market, which snakes around the ancient city walls. The variety of items available here is extensive, from locally made olive oil to clothes and shoes, and a wander around the market is a great way to take in the sights of medieval Birgu. Walk up the impressive Notre Dame gate on the outskirts of the market to admire this splendid 17th construction.
Positioned close by to the impressive St Pauls Church, Rabat Market makes a perfect pit-stop for those exploring the historical and cultural attractions of Rabat. Once you’ve admired the neo-baroque façade of the church—which was built here as it’s close to the site where St Paul is said to have sought refuge following his shipwreck in Malta—prepare to scour the market stalls. The city is thought to have to the best pastizzi on the island, so don’t leave without getting your stuffed pastry fix.
There are few nicer ways to spend a Sunday in Malta than a trip to Valetta’s Sunday market. Amble through the sun-drenched streets of The Fortress City and keep a look out for great antiques as well as beautiful handmade tablecloths, which typically include Maltese lace and other locally made crafts.
Visitors to Gozo needn’t miss out on Maltese market culture either, It-Tokk Market takes place in Victoria and is a lively affair. Held daily in the main square, it’s an opportunity to check out local Gozitan produce as well enjoy a coffee and a few irresistible kannoli.