At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Whether you’re looking for an authentic fish market or planning a blow out meal, you’ll find Malta’s best seafood at these local spots
Surrounded by sparkling Mediterranean seas, it’s little wonder Malta is famous for its delicious seafood. With limited space for agricultural farming, the country puts its ample seafood supply to good use, and has done so for centuries. Learn more about Malta’s historic fishing trade with a trip to the most famous fish market on the island, where charming Maltese luzzu boats deliver the catch of the day directly to the stalls. From simple seaside restaurants to elegant eateries serving elevated versions of traditional Maltese dishes, follow us to discover the very best seafood in Malta.
Valletta fish market is a good weekday option, but the Sunday fish market in Marsaxlokk is the place to buy fresh fish and seafood in Malta. Marsaxlokk, a fishing village on Malta’s southeast coast, serves as the centre of the island’s fishing trade and the location where much of Malta’s fish is caught. Wander down to the harbour to admire the luzzu –the traditional, brightly coloured fishing boats – as they haul in their catch of tuna, swordfish and local delicacy, lampuki. The charming design of these boats has remained unchanged for hundreds of years, with eyes painted on the bow of the boat as a symbol of good health and prosperity.
As the boats are unloaded directly to the waterside market stalls, you may well spot a few eager locals hurrying to inspect the catch and haggle with the fisherman for the best price. Visitors can take their time wandering amongst the stalls, admiring the fantastic array of locally caught fish and soaking up this unique glimpse of Maltese culture and cuisine. Depending on the season, the varieties of fish available are likely to be sea bass, grouper, white bream and red mullet, in addition to octopus and squid, which are typically used for stews and sauces. After walking around the market, enjoy a seafood feast at one of the excellent restaurants nearby. As any local will tell you, Marsaxlokk is not only the best place to buy the freshest fish on the island, but also home to Malta’s finest seafood restaurants. For a Maltese seafood dinner with all the trimmings, Ir-Rizzu has being serving up fantastic, fuss-free seafood for over three decades. Originally opened by a local fisherman, this simple, no-frills restaurant is now run by his sons, and is a firm favourite.
Named after a specific type of Maltese fishing net, Tartarun is serious about its seafood. Also family run, this is a simple restaurant with a menu that showcases the local catch with a selection of traditional recipes, as well as a few imaginative twists. Enjoy a starter of local octopus with lemon confit and crispy quinoa, or a pasta dish of black tortellini filled with local prawns and crab and served a fermented honey velouté.
Located in St. Julian’s, Barracuda is a fine dining restaurant with an emphasis on seafood. Founded over 40 years ago, the restaurant is housed in an 18th century villa with perfect sea views. The selection of seafood carpaccio – which includes Mediterranean red prawn and barracuda – is a particular highlight, along with the chef’s signature bouillabaisse.
Wherever you choose, there are several Maltese seafood dishes that visitors must try. One of the most famous is made from lampuki (otherwise known as mahi-mahi or dorado), and a favourite in Malta. Lampuki can be caught between August and December, and although the fish can be cooked in a variety of ways, Torta tal-lampuki (or lampuki pie) is one of the most traditional dishes. A kind of Maltese fish pie, this delicious meal consists of a pastry case stuffed with herbs, vegetables and the lampuki. Similarly, Aljotta is a quintessential Maltese dish that only uses ingredients either grown on the island or caught off its shores. This rich and fragrant soup is made with tomatoes, olive oil, locally caught fish and locally made white wine, and is a year-round favourite as the type of fish can be adapted to make use of what’s available at that time.