At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
We catch up with Tom Kerridge to find out how Kerridge’s Bar & Grill is shaping up, two months after opening. He also reveals his favourite dish and discusses how he’s balancing his busy work and home life.
So, you are two months in since opening, how’s it going?
We are very happy with how it’s going, reviews have been very positive and all the guys working have taken ownership of their space and room, and really have made it their own. Most importantly, the guests appear to be having a lovely time.
What’s been your biggest highlight?
I absolutely love spending time here, the vibe, the space, creates a great atmosphere. Its everything that a restaurant should be, the noise of customers, clinking of cutlery and glasses, and a happy buzz of excitement.
Has anything been challenging?
Running a restaurant is always going to be a challenge, there isn’t one particular thing that has stood out. But it’s the on-going process of spinning plates, keeping me moving about, that is always the challenge.
Have you felt a lot of pressure due to it being your first London restaurant?
Of course, I have felt a lot of pressure but most of that is the pressure of my own making, but I’m very confident in the product that we offer. I love the pressure of it and it’s wonderful to be in a kitchen, spending time at the coal face, being a part of this amazing team.
Which dishes are the most popular?
The fish and chips are a big seller, and the brown butter tart, but for me – my favourite dish is the roast beef cooked on the rotisserie.
Have there been any surprise favourites on the menu?
In every site we have, whenever game is on the menu, it always sells very well, but the venison dish has been a huge seller here. I think this is because people don’t buy it at home, so it gives them an opportunity to enjoy something they can’t buy from the supermarket.
What’s your favourite thing on the Kerridge’s Christmas menu?
Turkey – who doesn’t want turkey at Christmas time?!
How do you balance city life with life in Marlow?
It’s very difficult, it’s a huge juggling act but I’m loving every minute of it. London is such an exciting place to me and Marlow is my home, so I want to be in both places!
Do you feel differently about London as a city now you have a restaurant here?
No, I’ve been very fortunate, I lived in London for 10 years before I moved to Marlow, so I count myself as pretty knowledgeable and count myself as a part time Londoner! My dad was from London so I have a real fondness towards its eclectic and vibrant feel. I’m also very proud that my son was born there.
If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Definitely fish and chips.
Aside from Kerridge’s, what’s your favourite spot inside Corinthia Hotel London?
The BodySPace gym. It’s a great place that’s quite secluded with a great selection of weights.
Who are your top three dream dinner guests?
The late great Paul Bocuse, to chat about cooking at the top end for well over 40 years and how important ingredients are and the warmth of hospitality. Also, David Beckham – I’m a massive football fan, I’d like to know what it felt like to be captain of England and to play for so many iconic football clubs. Then finally, Liam Gallagher. Having met Liam a couple of times, I know he would be great fun and I’m sure he has some brilliant anecdotes.