At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From Trabant city tours to Funicular and flying experiences, there are plenty of unusual ways to see Budapest
Forgo the crumpled map and sore feet and try an alternative sightseeing experience on your next visit to Budapest. From a trip around the city in a communist era car, to a helicopter ride over the Danube at sunset, these alternative tours of Budapest are some of our favourite ways to see the city.
During the communist era, the distinctive Trabant was the most ubiquitous car in Budapest. Manufactured in East Germany, a few of the cars can still be spotted today and provide a novel way to get around the city. Rent-A-Trabant offers sightseeing opportunities in these characterful vehicles, as well as other add-ons including bespoke Trabant tours and trips to Hungary’s winemaking region.
A romantic way to see Budapest, a helicopter tour over the city at sunset is sure to be a highlight of your visit. Sip on a glass of Hungarian sparkling wine before you take to the skies and enjoy unparalleled views of the city as the sun fades over the Danube. Admire the scene as lights begin to twinkle across the city’s major landmarks, including the historic Buda Castle district with its charming cobbled streets and turrets, which you can appreciate away from the crowds.
Budapest Castle Hill Funicular has been in operation since 1870, when it was only the second funicular railway to open in Europe. Unfortunately, the original funicular was destroyed in World War Two, but it was painstakingly rebuilt in the same traditional style following the war, and is classed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Meet the tram at the end of the Szechenyi Chain Bridge to ascend to the top of the famous Castle Hill and explore the Royal Palace and Sandor Palace. Admire the stunning views as the tram climbs up the hill, but the highlight is certainly the breathtaking vista at the top, which includes the Chain bridge and Hungarian Parliament.
Enjoy exploring the streets of Budapest in a fun and original way courtesy of a Segway tour. Suitable for all ages (trailers are provided for children under five), the experience is accompanied by a knowledgeable guide and there are a wide variety of tours to choose from. Whether you want to explore peaceful Margaret Island or discover Budapest’s famous Jewish Quarter, the tours showcase many different sides of the city. Additionally, visitors can also book private tours for a more personal experience.
Intersected by the majestic Danube River, Budapest can easily be explored by water. Historically a key trading route for Hungary and its neighbouring countries, the river now offers visitors a fantastic way to see the city and many of its most famous sights. Pass under the Chain bridge – one of the world’s first suspension bridges – pass by St Stephen’s Basilica, the impressive Buda Castle and Margaret Island, the religious centre of the city during Medieval times. Whether you choose an elegant private excursion, a cruise accompanied by opera music and Hungarian folk dancers, or a journey on the Riverride (Budapest’s amphibious bus), touring the city by boat is an unforgettable sightseeing experience.