At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Venture inside the homes of British royalty with this guide to the most impressive royal palaces in London
The reigning monarchy is a symbol of British pride and their homes are some of the grandest in the United Kingdom. London is home to a number of world-famous palaces, many of which still function as official royal residences. And while the photogenic exteriors are impressive, getting a glimpse inside isn’t as hard as you might think; during the summer months many royal palaces in London open their doors to the public. From historic Buckingham Palace and St James’s Palace to elegant royal abodes like Clarence House and Kensington Palace, discover the residences of the British royals on your next trip to London.
Arguably the most famous of the royal palaces in London, Buckingham Palace has served as the official residence of the UK monarchy since 1837. There are 775 rooms housing the headquarters of the Monarch and over 200 living spaces for royals, guests and staff. Throughout the year, thousands of visitors visit the palace at the head of The Mall to catch a glimpse the grand building and to watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony. Those eager to see inside can tour the State Rooms – frequently used for official events and stately receptions – during the summer. Look out for flags because when the Royal Standard flies it means HM Queen Elizabeth is at home.
Winning the accolade of the largest occupied castle in the world, Windsor Castle holds some serious regal clout. Used as The Queen’s weekend home when she tires of central London life, the castle in the affluent Berkshire County, just outside of the capital, is the ideal country retreat. Visitors can take a guided tour of the precincts, explore the grandiose State Apartments, visit St George’s Chapel, browse The Royal Collection of artworks and watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony, which takes place on most mornings throughout the summer. The same flag rule applies at Windsor as at Buckingham Palace, so keep your eyes peeled for the Royal Standard.
Clarence House is the official London residence of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. While the impressive Grade I listed 19th century mansion is still used as a family home, the ground floor of the townhouse is open to the public during the summer. Take a tour to gain an insight into the home life of the royal family and discover many original artworks and interesting pieces of furniture with a distinctly regal history.
Next door to Clarence House is Kensington Palace, home to several members of the royal family including William and Catherine, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte. The palace, which was the birthplace of Queen Victoria, was a popular royal residence before Buckingham Palace became the principal monarchic abode. Historic sections, including stately apartments and gardens, are open to the public. Visitors can also discover exhibitions such as Victoria Revealed, a fascinating exploration of the life of one of the UK’s most illustrious monarchs.
Built in the 1530s by King Henry VII, St James’s Palace remains one of the most important royal palaces in London, frequently used for ceremonial events and formal receptions such as meetings with heads of states. While the palace is no longer the principal residence of the monarchy, it is home to a number of royal family members such as Anne, the Princess Royal, and famous royal sisters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. While the palace itself isn’t open to the public, the two on-site chapels can be visited at certain times.