At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From tiny galleries to giant factories, there are many places to discover art in Prague
When it comes to art in Prague, many of the coolest galleries are located away from the big museums. The city’s most creative art hubs are changing the face of the industry with intriguing collections ranging from the works of emerging Czech artists at Hunt Kastner Artworks to provocative pieces at Futura Gallery and cutting-edge photography at Leica Gallery Prague. Next time you visit, add a few of these trendy spaces to your itinerary.
When in the Czech Republic, discover the best emerging talents from across the country at Hunt Kastner Artworks. The gallery in the trendy Žižkov neighbourhood is the best place to go to immerse yourself in the local art scene, with exhibitions focusing on young and progressive artists such as Tomáš Vanêk and Michaela Thelenová. Curators constantly work with collectors to offer visitors a rich and varied collection of contemporary Czech art, so there’s always something new to uncover.
Leica Gallery Prague is more than an exhibition space, it’s a gallery, a bookstore, a café and an art school all rolled into in one. Located in Prague’s New Town, the institution is dedicated to photography. Art lovers can visit the gallery to discover local and international talents in thought-provoking exhibitions, browse the bookstore and purchase photographic works or specialty books, or simply take a break in the café and gaze at further works on its pop-up exhibition walls. Aspiring photographers can also take part in workshops to hone their skills and get hands on experience with the guidance of a local expert.
One of the coolest places to see art in Prague, Futura Gallery is a trendy independent art hub. Arguably the quirkiest venue on our list, the gallery has a captivating creative energy that makes it a must-see. Awaiting art enthusiasts are three floors of exhibition space featuring collective shows and solo exhibits by leading international contemporary artists. One of the most famous pieces on permanent display is David Černý’s Brownnosers, a provocative interactive work that pokes fun at Czech politics.
Based in a former factory in Prague’s industrial Smíchov quarter, MeetFactory is the largest contemporary art space on our list and one of the most stimulating. It’s a creative hub for artistic and musical talents, with three galleries (MeetFactory Gallery, Kostka Gallery and Wall Gallery), a theatre, a music venue, a bar and workshops where an international artist-in-residence programme is run.
Owned by Moser Glassworks, a manufacturer known for its beautiful glassmaking, Moser Art Gallery is an alternative space in Prague’s art scene. At the new space in Prague’s Old Town Square, the gallery hosts exhibitions focusing on craftsmanship. The inaugural show was dedicated to the art of glass engraving and showcased the works of the best glass engravers from across the Czech Republic. Future exhibits will continue exploring the intricate art of glasswork in a beautiful and creative fashion.