At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From costumes and masks to feasts and markets, here’s how to get involved at Prague’s Masopust carnival
Masked dancers, outlandish costumes, colourful parades, bottomless feasts – it can only mean one thing: Masopust is here. Czech Republic’s version of Mardi Gras, Masopust (also known as Carnevale Praha) is the biggest, and loudest, folk celebration of the year. Held every year in the lead up to Lent, the festival bids farewell to winter and welcomes spring in lively fashion. The population of Prague comes together to celebrate and there are plenty of ways for visitors to get involved, too. From festive feasting and carnival masks to street parades and balls, here are the top things to do at this year’s carnival, taking place 18th –28th February 2017.
A highlight of the Masopust carnival is the annual procession through the streets of Prague on Fat Thursday. Held to ensure happiness in the forthcoming year, the parade is cheerful, playful and bombastic. Dancers in costume leap and jump as high as they can in honour of the ancient farming superstition that the higher you jump, the taller the wheat will grow before harvest. In times gone by, participants went from house-to-house exchanging good luck favours for treats such as pork delicacies and doughnuts. Nowadays, it’s more of a traditional parade through the city, but there are always plenty of snacks to be enjoyed along the way.
When it comes to Masopust, the general rule is the more colourful your getup, the better. This rings true particularly with costumes and masks. For the carnival, many people choose to dress as mythical creatures or animals such as bears and horses, while others opt to embody human characters such as chimney sweeps, ringmasters and jesters. Masks and costumes aren’t just limited to the parade, however. There’s also an extensive programme of events such as street parties, village fairs and masked balls where you can show off your eye-catching outfit.
One of the biggest traditions of Masopust is the feast. The festival is a time when families get together and share a big meal, usually roast pork with sauerkraut. Other carnival favourites, which can be sampled at restaurants and fairs across the capital, include homemade sausages known as jitrnice, pork knuckle and zabíjačkový guláš (goulash). Many Catholics give up meat for the month of Lent, so Masopust (which translates from old Czech to mean ‘meat fast’) is seen as an opportunity to indulge as much as possible before the fast begins.
As well as street parades in areas such as Hlubočepy, Dubeč and Břevnov, visitors can enjoy concerts and parties across the city. From Baroque opera performances to Czech folk dancing and dazzling masked balls, there’s lots to get involved with. Highlights include carnival concerts at Clam-Gallas Palace, a beautiful baroque building with an exceptional theatre where Mozart and Beethoven once performed. There’s also a large-scale celebration on Jiřího z Poděbrad, a beautiful square in Žižkov, where a stage is set up for live music and entertainment.
Food and festivities combine at the Vinohrady Masopust Market. Taking place on Tyl Square throughout the Masopust period, the market hosts dozens of stalls filled with carnival souvenirs and treats, ranging from grilled sausages and gingerbread to art and gifts. There’s also a lively programme of folk performances that are well worth watching for a taste of Czech folk culture.