At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Visiting Malta in 2018? Earmark these unmissable arts and entertainment events celebrating the European Capital of Culture
As 2018’s European Capital of Culture, Valletta is preparing to showcase its culture to the world with a diverse programme of arts and entertainment. With a nod towards Malta’s maritime history as a hub of converging cultures, this year-long celebration in the cosmopolitan capital highlights Valletta’s Mediterranean heritage, while also welcoming international performances. Here are five unmissable highlights of Valletta 2018’s events programme.
Move aside Rio; for four days in February, Malta’s ancient streets explode with a riot of colour during carnival week. Each year, Valletta hosts an extravagant carnival parade led by a fancy-dress procession, complete with handmade floats and eerie papier-mâché effigies. From young children to late-night carnival goers, everyone will find something to astonish at this a glittering spectacle, with dancers and marching bands taking over the streets until the small hours.
9th – 13th February 2018
Over the course of Valletta Film Festival, the city transforms into a spectacular open-air cinema. One for art-house fans; European-shot feature films, documentaries and shorts are premiered in quirky venues across the capital, like the ruins of an opera house bombed in the Second World War. Expect to discover coming-of-age films, retrospectives of iconic auteurs’ works and films made upon the three islands that make up the Maltese archipelago. Don’t miss the opening party at the Hastings Gardens on top of Valletta’s fortified walls, where you can rub shoulders with Maltese stars and filmmakers.
8th – 17th June 2018
The Malta International Arts festival embraces assorted nationalities and art forms, ranging from theatre and fashion to operatic performances and visual art installations. The festival encourages artistic collaboration across disciplines, presenting both emerging and established artists from Malta and beyond. Hosted in historic venues across Valletta, the innovative works on show will engage you with Malta’s contemporary art scene as well as its rich cultural history.
1st – 16th July 2018
A celebration of contemporary jazz, the Malta International Jazz festival is an eagerly awaited event in Valletta’s cultural calendar. Spread across three days, an eclectic mix of world-renowned and local musicians comes together to perform at the docks of the majestic Grand Harbour. Past artists have included Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock and Michael Breker. It’s not just about the performances though: look out for instrumental masterclasses and workshops from jazz legends across the city centre.
At ŻiguŻajg Festival, children and young people take centre stage; the annual creative arts festival is the perfect way to enjoy Valletta City of Culture 2018 with your family. Expect life-sized live action puzzles, puppetry fun and lots of clowning around. Young people are encouraged to get involved, with many of the live shows and interactive workshops offering a unique immersive experience where children can learn and have fun at the same time.
16th – 25th November 2018