At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Discover a different side to the city with this guide to the quirkiest, most unusual things to do in Prague
Prague is one of the most surprising and intriguing cities in the world. Below a surface of baroque buildings and gothic churches, is a culture that’s creatively and artistically diverse, with quirky attractions constantly popping up in the least expected places. From avant-garde art installations like Metalmorphosis by David Černý to architectural feats such as Dancing House and intriguing spaces like Futura Gallery, discover another side to the city with this guide to the most unusual things to do in Prague.
David Černý is one of the most important and influential sculptors in the Czech Republic, known for his creative and often controversial large-scale installations. The artist has placed a number of his works around his hometown, Prague. One of the latest is Metalmorphosis, a kinetic sculpture of writer Franz Kafka’s head, made of several metallic layers, which continuously rotate. Named after the author’s book Metamorphosis, the large mirrored installation can be found in a city centre plaza next to Národní Třída metro station.ity.
With three floors of collective and solo exhibitions by some of the world’s greatest contemporary artists, Futura Gallery is one of the quirkiest art spaces in Prague. A highlight of the private non-profit institution, located in the Smíchov quarter, is another installation by the prolific David Černý. The interactive piece, titled Brownnosers, features two giant men leaning over, with the front half of their bodies disappearing into the wall. To get the full effect, guests must climb up a ladder to peer through a hole between their legs where they’ll see a video of two Czech politicians feeding each other to a soundtrack of We are the Champions by Queen.
Dancing House is a wonderful example of modernist architecture taken to the extreme. The unusual building, overlooking the Vltava River, was built in the 1990s by Czech and American architects Vlado Milunić and Frank Gehry, and stands out due to its unique curved outlines. It’s also known as the Fred and Ginger Building (after legendary dance duo Fred Astaire and Gingers Rogers), as its design makes it look as though the buildings are dancing together. While most of Dancing House is private, visitors can dine at the Ginger & Fred restaurant on the top floor.
High on the list of unusual things to do in Prague is a trip to The Museum of Historical Chamber Pots and Toilets. The eccentric museum, which prides itself on holding the world’s largest collection of bathroom objects, presents the history of waste disposal in an entertaining, artistic and informative manner. While not the most charming of attractions in Prague, it’s certainly unique and is sure to leave guests appreciating modern day facilities. Highlights of the collection include chamber pots made for Napoleon Bonaparte, as well as the Lincoln Bedroom at The White House in Washington DC.
This famous wall in Prague’s Velkopřevorské Náměstí square became an unexpected symbol of communist rebellion in the 1980s. Following the death of John Lennon (considered a pacifist hero by many young Czechs), a large image of the musician was painted on the wall. It quickly became not just a tribute to The Beatles singer, but also a representation of peace, love and freedom. While the wall has been whitewashed many times, artists have quickly re-covered the blank canvas with slogans and imagery. Nowadays, it stands proudly as a colourful symbol of peace in the heart of Prague.