At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Sample the best desserts on offer in a food tour of the best sweet treats in St Petersburg
In a climate that can be as crisp and icy as St Petersburg’s, the promise of a delectable dessert or two is guaranteed to keep intrepid explorers warm. Luckily, the Russian city has a mouth-watering assortment of venues catering to sweet-toothed locals and visitors alike. Get a taste of classic Russian confections, indulge in Asian-inspired bubble waffles, appease your inner child with an ice cream sundae of fantastical proportions and experience fine dining interpretations of national favourites. Follow our food tour of St Petersburg to find the city’s sweetest spots.
Taking its name from the Russian for ‘north’ and in operation since the 1930s, Sever is, perhaps unsurprisingly, something of a foodie institution in St Petersburg. Head to the flagship location on Nevsky Prospect and prepare for a feast of traditional Russian cakes and confectionary. Enduring favourites include the Soviet Kartoshka, signature Sever chocolate cake with cream and moreish almond biscuits.
An exotic and eye-catching option, Waff & Love specialises in Hong-Kong style waffles. Visitors first choose their favourite flavour of waffle—plain, vanilla or chocolate—and then decide which filling to have, with options such as peanut butter, marshmallow, chocolate and a variety of fruits to choose from. The finishing touches come from toppings like cream, ice cream, Nutella, berries, exotic fruits and caramel.
A particular favourite among younger diners, Mickey & Monkeys is a spacious and welcoming café with great views of Kazan Cathedral and Gorokhovaya Street, as well as Griboedov Canal. However, the stars of the show here are undoubtedly the Overshakes, which are head-turning, gargantuan ice cream sundaes created in weird and wonderful combinations. Choose from flavours like the “Green Mile”—apple milkshake served with candyfloss, waffle, apple cake, ice cream and topped with a doughnut—or the “Betti Bup” banana milkshake, which comes with passion fruit cheesecake, waffle and whipped cream. For the less daring, there’s also an excellent selection of traditional desserts such as a raspberry éclair and tasty blackberry cake.
One of the leading lights of St Petersburg’s food scene, Cococo combines seasonal Russian produce with immaculate, artistic presentation. Presided over by chef Igor Grishechkin, its savoury offering delivers classic Russian recipes with modern flair, but it’s the dessert menu that’s particularly captivating. With enigmatic yet enticing names such as ‘Piggy Bank’ and ‘My Mother’s Favourite Flower,’ Cococo’s desserts are innovative and delicious in equal measure, expect imaginative and original takes on favourites such as crème brulee, tiramisu and baked Alaska. Moreover, traditional Russian sweets, such as honey cake, are given a new spin—here it’s served with a very clever beeswax ice cream and there’s also an inventive ice cream menu that features scoops such as tea and honey sorbet or Halva ice cream.
Made with only natural ingredients and available in a wide variety of flavours, it’s little wonder that Gelateria Di Neve is St. Petersburg’s favourite ice cream parlour. With two outposts at both the Zanevsky Cascade Shopping Centre and Loft Project ETAGI, visitors have double the opportunity to sample Di Neve’s cool, creamy delights. Choosing from over 110 ice cream flavours and around 40 different kinds of sorbet might prove challenging for food lovers visiting St Petersburg. Moreover, Di Neve also shapes their ice cream cones into perfect roses, making them (almost) too good to eat.