At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
These Maltese Instagram accounts prove the island is a truly mesmerising destination
According to Instagram’s biggest travel account, Beautiful Destinations, Malta is the world’s most underrated location. It’s not hard to see why: azure coastlines wrap around rugged cliffs while baroque buildings seemingly grow out of the earth. However, these four Maltese Instagram accounts are in on the secret. All of them showcase a glorious snapshot of Malta, its landscapes, architecture and inhabitants. Follow them now to see the enchanting island at its most alluring.
Hidden Malta @hiddenmalta
Hidden Malta is the Instagram account of professional photographer, Marcin Wludyka. While he presents the island’s most photogenic spots, he also captures its lesser-known, more intimate sides. Sacks of Maltese bread hang outside a bakery while a local fruit and veg truck is parked up brimming with fresh produce. Vintage vehicles look quaint on cobbled streets and flags flutter in the breeze on narrow alleyways.
“Malta is such an amazing country with so many hidden gems that tourists sometimes miss, even if they are coming to stay for a few weeks” Wludyka explains. “Malta and Gozo are perfect holiday destinations, however many things are often overlooked in favour of larger tourist attractions. Some unique locations can only be reached on foot.”
The People of Malta @thepeopleofmalta
Through their love of street photography and meeting people, photographers Roderick Vella and Stephen Buhagiar started The People of Malta as a project to convey the unique personalities of Maltese inhabitants. “We wanted to share emotions, stories, personalities, moods and contrasts depicted in pictures and in citations of the Maltese people” reveals Buhagiar.
Their shots beautifully encapsulate the island’s characters; candidly composed and with an affectionate honesty, the shots have striking warmth and humanity. From sheep-shearing farmers to youthful, tattooed hipsters, expect to see all walks of Maltese life when you follow this account.
We use doors daily but rarely pause to take the time to appreciate their beauty. Luckily, Malta is home to some splendid doors and Lisa Gwen has captured many of them. No door is unworthy – weather-beaten timber gateways overgrown with ivy appear alongside grand, colourful entrances and elegant, flower covered doorways.
“I started MaltaDoors for no real reason” she explains. “I was looking for something to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I was trying to organise the images in my photo gallery, and noticed that I had been increasingly capturing doors, facades and various examples of residential architecture in Malta. Unknowingly, this turned into a documentary project, from light chasing to time chasing – an attempt to collect as many variations of doors possible, before they vanish or are replaced by modern counterparts.”
Malta Photography @MaltaPhotography
“After starting to take an interest in photography and noticing that photographers and travellers were capturing stunning photos of the Maltese Islands, I decided to create Malta Photography to give more exposure to these talented people” explains Malta Photography founder, Justin Ciappara.
Aside from showcasing his own work, Malta Photography is an aggregator account that features sublime snaps from other Instagrammers that publish pictures using the #MaltaPhotography hashtag. Follow it to sigh over romantic archways, imposing dome towers, cerulean waters and the sun gracefully setting over craggy inlets.