At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Malta remains comfortably warm in winter, and with summer’s crowds long vanished, it’s the best time of year to go walking
If the summer for you conjures up visions of beautiful beaches throng with holidaymakers and long, balmy evenings, what happens when you think about winter? Well, for some places, warm weather is no seasonal phenomenon. Malta pushes 16°C even in the depths of December, and summer activities such as scuba diving continue with a roaring trade. An absence of summer crowds makes this an ideal time to explore the island’s many hiking routes. Allow us to introduce the best places to go walking in Malta.
As if anyone needed another reason to visit the enchanting city of Valletta. Malta’s capital and one of the continent’s most iconic and historic cities, it makes for a highly rewarding urban stroll. Take an hour at the most to saunter from City Gate, passing Renzo Piano’s ultra-modern Parliament House and the elegant Royal Opera House as well as a dizzying variety of piazzas and palazzos en route to the leafy environs of Upper Barrakka Gardens.
Go walking in Malta’s Golden Bay area and its name will no longer need an explanation. During summer, it’s one of the most popular beaches in the Maltese archipelago, but come winter, there’s hardly another soul in sight. Take a scenic wander through Il-Majjistral Nature and History Park – the largest of its kind in Malta – to take in some rare unspoilt scenery, and look out for chameleons peeking out through the plants.
A village in an area known for its hilly landscape, Siġġiewi makes this part of Malta a favourite among walkers and ramblers rather than city-dwelling flâneurs. It’s a rewarding hike for those who take it, and one that includes the Għar Lapsi natural swimming hole and dive site.
The island of Gozo is known the world over for its beauty. In fact, its scenic hills are so important to Gozo’s self-image that they’re featured on its coat of arms. It follows that the island makes for a very pretty stroll. Follow the Western coast for unrivalled views of caves, caverns, pristine beaches and, of course, sprawling vistas across the ocean. If time allows, head on to the majestic cliffs of Wied il-Mielaħ and the unspoilt area around it.
Whether in winter or summer, Dingli is a must when walking in Malta. The cliffs on the western coast of the main island are the highest points in all of Malta, and naturally that means fantastic views as well. From Dingli, gaze out across Buskett Gardens, Verdala Palace and Filfla, a tiny uninhabited island just off the coast. Dingli village, named for the English knight who once owned much of the land in the surrounding area, is a charming spot for a refreshment.