At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Discover the world of Czech beer through big name brands and local microbreweries
The Czech Republic has been brewing beer for over a millennium. As far back as the year 933, monks at Břevnov Monastery in Prague were crafting home-brewed beer by hand and the Czech brewing industry is still going strong to this day. With countless numbers of breweries across the country, we tour six of the best, visiting popular brands such as Staropramen and Velkopopovický Kozel, as well as micro-breweries like Pivovar Matuška, to discover what makes Czech beer so special.
Pilsner Urquell Brewery in Pilsen has been brewing beer since 1842. It’s the birthplace of Pilsner pale lager, a distinctive lager that combines the sweet caramel flavouring of malt with the bitterness of local Czech Saaz hops to produce a unique yet subtle taste. Brewery tours offer visitors the chance to learn about historical brewing methods and sample some of Pilsner’s best brews, including Pilsner Urquell, the world’s first blond lager.
Budweiser Budvar Brewery in České Budějovice produces some of the most widely exported beers in the country. Its most famous brand, Budweiser Budvar (not to be confused with the American Budweiser), takes a staggering 102 days to produce, which is around seven times longer than average, and uses locally grown Saaz hops and Moravian barley to create its much-loved taste. With six types of beer to sample, it’s worth making the two-hour journey from Prague for a tour and tasting.
If strong, dark beer gets your taste buds going, look no further than Velkopopovický Kozel. The brewery, which is named after the Czech word for goat (“Kozel”), prides itself on its distinctive flavours and traditional heritage. Operating since 1874 from the Bohemian village of Velké Popovice, just outside of Prague, Velkopopovický Kozel invites visitors to tour the brewery, discover its craft, sample beers and meet their mascot, Olda the billy goat – the emblem that appears on every beer bottle.
You don’t need to leave the capital to discover Czech beers. Staropramen, meaning old spring, is the second-largest brewery in Prague and has been producing beer since the late 19th century. Located just across the river from Corinthia Hotel Prague, the visitors centre offers a captivating interactive insight into the Czech beer brewing industry. Just as the Heineken factory is a must-see in Amsterdam, Staropramen should be high on the bucket list of beer enthusiasts travelling to Prague.
Once you’ve sampled the big names, the next step should be discovering Czech craft beers, of which there are hundreds of varieties. Pivovar Matuška is one of the most highly regarded. Established in 2003, the brewery specialises in full-bodied, unfiltered, unpasteurised craft beers. With an alcohol quantity ranging from 12 to 17 per cent, they’re not for the faint hearted, but they’re worth seeking out at pubs across the capital for their distinctive flavours.