At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Neuroscientist Dr Tara Swart advises on achieving and maintaining mindful balance in London
In a city where gyms, exercise regimes and clean-eating spots are on every corner, the mind can end up as an afterthought (no pun intended). Neuroscientist and leadership expert Dr Tara Swart has seen first-hand how applied neuroscience can affect performance and overall wellbeing, and is now bringing her wealth of expertise to Corinthia Hotel London for a year-long residency.
In amongst Brain Power Packages designed to maximise brain health, Dr Tara Swart will be giving a series of talks illuminating the science behind the brain, and how it can help you achieve success in all areas of life. To celebrate the partnership, we delved into the tricky task of staying mindful in London, and putting brain power first in a busy city.
Why is maintaining a balanced mind important, and what are the main challenges around achieving this somewhere like London?
We are bombarded by millions of bits of information constantly so being able to regulate our emotions, make the best decisions, maintain our mental resilience and build healthy relationships is critically important and needs to be paid attention to. Too much of the stress hormone cortisol affects our mind, making us anxious and irritable, as well as affecting our physical health, weight and immunity.
How can spending time in a busy city affect your mind and productivity?
In global cities, such as London, the pace of life can be much faster due to factors like longer working hours, higher prices and hectic commutes. While that might make it harder to find the time to practice mindfulness to keep a balanced mind, it also makes it all the more important.
Stress is contagious – men or women who are suppressing high levels of the hormone cortisol can negatively affect the stress levels of people around them. So being in a city where the inhabitants are stressed can impact on your thinking, feelings, health and productivity.
Where are your favourite London spots for regaining mental clarity?
I enjoy vistas and being in nature so Waterloo bridge and Hampstead Heath are grounding places for me when I need perspective or reflective time. ESPA Life at Corinthia is a wonderful place to get away from it all and spend some mindful time recharging. I love the sleep pods and I’ve always said that every office should have one!
What do you recommend visitors do to stay on top of their mindfulness on a city-break?
Practising mindfulness even for as little as 12 minutes a day will help you to reduce your stress levels and regulate your emotions. There are lots of mindfulness apps and recordings available online so you can access them anywhere. Even listening to relaxing music can help. Bring simplicity into your travel days by practising choice reduction to preserve your brain’s cognitive resource e.g. by staying at the same hotel in each city you visit, having a planned morning routine, especially for breakfast and exercise, and reducing your wardrobe choices.
Are there any activities/practices to avoid?
Where possible, avoid rushing from place to place and take time to notice your surroundings and how you are feeling. This is a way of informally practising mindfulness and will induce feelings of calm and enhance creative thinking.
Avoid being overly-distracted by social media, smart phones and computers. Focus on high quality face-to-face time with people for the benefits of social bonding and/or do some cultural activities to strengthen the connections between the left and right halves of the brain.
What food and drink do you recommend, and where do you find it when you’re in London?
Brain-friendly foods include salmon and oily fish for their Omega 3 essential fatty acids, vitamin B12 and protein, and coconut oil and eggs which also support cognitive function. Taking a magnesium supplement helps to reduce cortisol levels as well as eating magnesium rich foods such as nuts and leafy greens. Probiotics aid your gut bacteria which can also suffer from jet lag!
As Neuroscientist-in-Residence at the Corinthia Hotel London I have worked with the hotel’s chefs to design a special Brain Power menu and range of mocktails which incorporate brain-boosting ingredients to hydrate and feed the brain effectively. We recommend still water of a high pH, regular meals, healthy snacks and adequate digestion time before sleep.
Where are your favourite fitness/exercise spots in London?
Drop-in yoga and pilates centres are great when you are travelling, as is getting a personal instructor to your hotel. A wide range of sessions and equipment are available at the Corinthia Hotel gym which is open 24 hours a day.
How do you spot the negative effects of city-living, therefore avoid them?
Being sedentary or inactive is a big negative in cities. Making sure you do formal exercise or are getting approximately 10,000 steps a day is important. This can be done while sight-seeing or shopping.
It is also tempting to take too much on and not rest enough. Try to make sure you get 7-9 hours of good quality sleep.
One thing I wish everyone knew about brains:
Your brain uses up 20-30% of your energy intake, so eating for your brain – as well as your body – is really important.
If you adopt one habit for your mind, let it be:
Turn off your phone, laptop, kindle and any other screens an hour before bed. The blue light stops your pineal gland from releasing melatonin which kicks off the falling asleep process.
We need neuroscience in our daily lives because:
Most of us are paid to use our brain, but many people do not know enough about how the brain works. Understanding how to get the best out of our brain through neuroscience will help us to reach our potential and maintain peak performance day-to-day, as well as lead happier and healthier lives.
My eureka moment was:
If you follow your passion you will be successful. Spreading simple, practical messages about how to live your life based on neuroscience gives meaning and purpose to my life.
The biggest myth about mindfulness is:
It can only be practised during meditation. Mindfulness is actually a way of life through mindful eating, mindful walking and paying attention.