At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From imposing palaces to ancient monasteries, these are the top places to see on St Petersburg’s Nevsky Prospect
Cutting right through the centre of St Petersburg, Nevsky Prospect is the city’s principle avenue, holding great historical, cultural and religious appeal. It’s also a great shopping hub, with St Petersburg’s smartest boutiques and designer stores all vying for attention. From touring Stroganov Palace and Kazan Cathedral to discovering extraordinary churches and shopping at Great Gostiny Dvor, it’s easy to spend a whole day walking down this one street. Here are the places to seek out on your next trip.
At the head of Nevsky Prospect you’ll find Admiralty, one of the capital’s longest-standing and most historic structures. Originally designed as a dockyard but instead serving as a defence fortification, the domineering building stands guard over three avenues that branch out from a central point – marked by a striking golden spire on top of the building.
One of St Petersburg’s finest palaces, Stroganov Palace is the former residence of the aristocratic Stroganov family. As well as marvelling at the stunning restored interiors and imposing architecture, visitors can browse collections from the State Russian Museum, which are on display inside.
Carrying Nevsky Prospect over Fontanka River, Anichkov Bridge is one of the architectural highlights of the avenue thanks to its panoramic views and famous Horse Tamers statues that stand guard at its four corners. The nearby imperial Anichkov Palace next to the landmark is also worth a quick look at for its beautiful baroque architecture.
One of the most photographed buildings in St Petersburg, The Church of the Savior on Spilt Blood is not only distinctive, but it also has a fascinating history. The colourful Russian church is covered in detailed mosaics created by the country’s most prominent artists, and stands on the spot where Emperor Alexander II was assassinated in 1881.
Kazan Cathedral is one of Russia’s principle Orthodox churches. The colonnaded cathedral is named after Our Lady of Kazan, one of the Russian Orthodox Church’s holiest icons, which rests inside the structure as a shine for devotees.
Alexander Nevsky Monastery is named after the patron saint of St Petersburg, and is home to some of the most historic structures in the city. While the complex has undergone many changes over the years, the sacred site still encompasses five of the original 16 churches, as well as graveyards where great Russian personalities such as composer Tchaikovsky and novelist Fyoder Dostoevsky have been laid to rest.
The people of St Petersburg adored Catherine the Great during her lifetime, and this statue, unveiled in 1873, is a dedication to the Empress and her dignitaries, such as General Alexander Suvorov, poet Gavrila Derzhavin and her personal favourite Prince Potemkin.
St Petersburg has a fascinating literary history and there’s no better way to discover Russia’s many great authors and poets than by seeing their works all in one place at the National Library of Russia – home to more than 17 million books.
A historic landmark in itself, Singer House is one of the most beautiful art nouveau buildings on Nevsky Prospect. Inside the former sewing factory, visitors can find the largest and most famous bookstore in St Petersburg, Dom Knigi (House of the Book).
One of the oldest shopping arcades in the world, Great Gostiny Dvor is a destination for any shopaholic. The complex, which features a labyrinth of shops selling everything from designer clothes to electronics, sprawls over 1km and is one of the best places to shop on Nevsky Prospect.