At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Beneficial for mind, body and soul, the thermal baths in Budapest are an essential city experience
Budapest is known as the City of Spas for a reason. Bubbling underneath the streets of the city is a network of natural thermal springs, bringing rich mineral waters to spas across Budapest. With a host of benefits for mind, body and soul, a dip in one of the best thermal baths in Budapest is a must for visitors. We sat down with Gabriella Szajcz, spa manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, to find out what makes Hungarian spas and their hot waters so special.
Hungary is home to more thermal spas than anywhere else in Europe. How did the Hungarian bath develop?
Hungary is a land of more than 1,000 thermal springs. The first baths were built by the Romans more than 2,000 years ago on the lands of Pannónia Aquincum (now northern Budapest). The second significant period of our thermal history dates back to 16th century, when Turkish people brought their own bath culture to Budapest during the occupation. They also brought their striking architecture – a few of these beautiful Turkish baths are still in use today.
Since 1934, Budapest has held the title City of Spas. With more than 100 thermal springs that feed more than 50 bathhouses and thermal spas with 70 million litres of thermal water each day, Budapest is unique among the world’s other capital cities.
Thermal baths are filled with mineral waters. What makes these waters so special?
Mineral waters contain various beneficial ingredients such as sulphate, calcium, magnesium, hydro-carbonate and sodium, to name just a few. Depending on its makeup, thermal water has many different impacts. It can relieve stress, maintain a healthy heart, reduce high blood pressure, improve skin tone and treat calcium deficiencies. It’s also perfect for rehabilitation after injuries and can help prevent issues like degenerative joint diseases.
Thermal and mineral waters contain dissolved minerals so they are suitable for bathing and, occasionally, drinking. However, the temperature of these waters is between 21 and 78 degrees Celsius, so it’s important to keep to the recommended bathing time in the water.
Please tell us about the best thermal baths in Budapest.
Széchenyi Bath is one of the most popular, and largest, spa complexes in Europe. The beautiful, historical bath was built between 1909 and 1913 as the first thermal bath in Pest. Guests can enjoy 18 indoor and outdoor thermal water pools, plus a steam room, saunas, Jacuzzis and medical services such as balneotherapy and mud therapy.
Gellért Bath at the foot of Gellért Hill is also an excellent choice. It has separate thermal water for ladies and men, and additional rheumatology, physiotherapy and inhalatorium services. Finally, if you’d would like to enjoy a traditional Turkish ambiance, you can visit one of city’s three Ottoman-style baths: Király Bath, Rudas Bath or Veli Bej Bath.
What part do thermal baths play in modern Hungarian culture?
People like to visit public baths and spend a few hours with their family or friends. Although we can find many elderly people visiting for their different health concerns, Hungarian baths have started appealing more to young people, too, who like to organise parties during spring and summer
Many thermal spas in Budapest offer hydrotherapy. What are the benefits of this type of therapy?
Hydrotherapy takes advantage of the physical qualities of water and uses water as a cure. This type of therapy is regularly offered by doctors and can include baths or showers, hot or cold compresses, body wraps, inhalation and aromatherapy depending on the client’s needs and concerns. It has many excellent effects, for example, it can reduce pain, improve muscle and skin tone, boost the immune system, clear up skin problems, soothe muscles and joints, treat stress-related illnesses and promote relaxation.
Outside of Budapest, Hungary is home to many spa towns, built around thermal springs. Which is your favourite?
The best-known spa town in Hungary is Hévíz. It’s home to the world’s biggest biologically active, natural thermal lake. The water temperature is between 33-36 degrees Celsius in the summer period and does not drop below 23-25 degrees Celsius during winter. Hévíz started out as a spa village in the 18th century and finally became a town in 1992 following the construction of a bath house and holiday homes. Spa towns have attractions for every age group, such as thermal water baths, water-based theme parks, thermal lakes and medical caves.
Please tell us about the history of the Royal Spa at Corinthia Hotel Budapest?
The beautiful spa, originally named Körúti Bath, was built by Hungarian architect Vilmos Freund in 1888. With its central location and unique salt and steam baths, it was one of the most luxurious and well-equipped baths on the boulevard. After the death of Mr Freund, his heirs sold the building to the neighbouring Grand Hotel Royal and the bath was operated by them until 1944, when it closed for a long time. The historic space was almost turned into a parking lot but, thanks to local support, this proposal was rejected and in 2006 the legendary spa was reborn as the Royal Spa at Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
Please tell us about the Royal Spa as it stands today.
The spa has been restored to its former glory with its original architectural style and grand ambiance. During the renovation, it was important to keep the authentic splendour but the services are very different now. Originally, it was a thermal bath with services and treatments offered by a doctor. Now, instead of medical treatments, we concentrate on wellness and luxury treatments with the ESPA brand. Royal Spa still has a prime focus on water, however, with a wide range of facilities including a 15-metre swimming pool, two Jacuzzis, two Finnish saunas and a steam bath, which our guests can enjoy before or after treatments.*
Among the treatments on offer, what would you recommend for visitors to try?
We offer a great selection of solution-led ESPA body massages, body treatments and facials, depending on our guests’ needs and concerns. ESPA Body Ritual, one of our signature treatments, combines a whole body exfoliation, a detoxifying algae gel or marine mud wrap, and a relaxing aromatherapy massage. It brings deep relaxation to mind, body and soul, and leaves the skin nourished, rejuvenated and glowing.
*Please note that access to the spa is free for guests in Deluxe room categories and above, and is available to guests in Superior rooms for an additional fee.