At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
A kiss under the cherry blossoms on 1st May guarantees luck in love, and is just one of the capital’s popular May Day customs.
Across the northern hemisphere, 1st May heralds the start of long summer days and gardens in full bloom. It might have outgrown its colourful historic roots as Floralia, a festival for the Roman goddess of flowers, and the fiery pagan Beltane, but most countries at least nod to the occasion with a national holiday. In Prague, however, May Day is celebrated with as much purpose as in historic times. The focus is less on blooms and bonfires, though – here, it’s a day to honour love and romance. Celebrate May Day in Prague with our guide to the city’s favourite traditions.
Head to Petřín Park for a scenic stroll beneath the pale pink puffs of its cherry blossoms. The wealth of fruit trees that crown the hill are in full bloom at the start of May, making this one of the most beautiful places in Prague for a May Day walk. Tradition dictates that a kiss beneath the blooms on 1st May guarantees romance, beauty and harmony for the year ahead.
While couples flock to Petřín Park to steal that all-important kiss, it’s the flower-scattered bronze statue of Karel Hynek Mácha that’s the star attraction for many locals. The Romantic poet died at the tender age of 25, shortly after he wrote his epic Byronic poem Máj (May) about doomed young lovers Vilém and Jarmila. The lyrical poem’s opening lines: ‘Late evening, on the first of May / The twilit May – the time of love,’ perhaps popularised the custom of visiting his statue on May Day. Do as countless locals do and offer a flower to the ill-fated poet, before turning to gaze out at Petřín Park’s panoramic views across Prague’s rooftops.
While the májka, or maypole, is a custom that’s dying out as dating apps nudge historic courting rituals into the history books, many villages around Prague still honour the tradition. On the day before 1st May, a tree trunk is stripped of its bark and branches, and erected in the village square. It’s then decorated with ribbons, scarves and flowers. Tradition has it that the men sneak into neighbouring villages during the night to pull down their májkas. If a májka is still standing in the morning, its protectors are rewarded with gifts from the village girls. Nowadays, those gifts usually take the form of beer and plum brandy, with colourful processions, dancing and plenty of raucous street parties marking the occasion.
Not everyone is coupled up in Prague, and May Day remains the ideal time to head out solo to explore, or to indulge in some ‘me’ time. The 1st May is a public holiday, but the city’s many boutiques, restaurants and attractions stay open. Discover Prague’s coolest, quirky corners, marvel at the architectural love affair between Fred and Ginger or duck out for a sumptuous treatment at the Apollo Day Spa, its spectacular views across the city a beautiful backdrop.