At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From river cruises to the sparkliest party in town, here’s how to spend New Year’s Eve in the Czech capital
As the New Year approaches, it’s traditional in the Czech Republic to slice an apple in half and scrutinise the core. The custom tells that a star shape in the fruit’s middle promises a year of happiness, but reveal a cross and that’s 12 months of mischief. Even those unlucky enough to get a cross will probably throw caution to the wind for a high-octane celebration on New Year’s Eve in Prague. Like most cities in the world, 31st December is a time to join friends and relatives in toasting with a flute of fizz under a sky lit up with fireworks.
What adds an especially joyous touch to New Year’s Eve in Prague is the celebration of Czech Restoration Day on 1st January. This auspicious date in the Czech calendar commemorates the division of Czechoslovakia and the establishment of the modern Czech Republic. That means, when the clock strikes midnight and glasses of Champagne are raised in celebration, the party isn’t quite over yet. Here are the best ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Prague.
The midnight fireworks in Prague are consistently spectacular, and restaurants, bars and river cruises plan their evening’s entertainment with the dazzling display in mind. There are three main areas where visitors and locals tend to assemble to enjoy the show, and each is defined by a slightly different character. For a more relaxing environment, mark out a spot by the Vltava River near Charles Bridge, or reserve a place on the terrace of a riverside restaurant. The real party happens in the centre of town, though. There’s a lively mood among the locals in Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square, where the atmosphere builds to a fever pitch before breaking into cheers, hugs and dancing as the clock strikes midnight.
Instead of braving the cold and the crowds, why not retreat to the luxury of Corinthia Hotel Prague? This New Year they will be hosting an extra special celebration to ring in 2019 which will include a delicious four-course dinner and a complimentary drink to toast the New Year. Sit in the comfort of the bar while you enjoy a sweeping view of the city’s incredible firework display. This particular package also includes access to their luxurious spa – the perfect way to ease into 2019.
For uninterrupted views of the fireworks display, celebrate on the top deck of a boat on the Vlatva. A number of cruises offer a leisurely glide on New Year’s Eve in Prague, mooring in a spot that offers expansive views of the night sky. Over a smart dinner accompanied by live music, admire the city’s enchanting skyline with Prague Castle in the background and the fireworks illuminating everything.
If you don’t fancy being out and about come midnight, you can mark the New Year with something special and still get an early night. The city’s celebrated Philharmonic Orchestra offers a sophisticated afternoon programme that includes soaring masterpieces by heavyweights such as Dvořák, Tchaikovsky and Puccini at Municipal House on 31st December. The gilded interiors of the ceremonious Smetana Hall are certainly an elegant place to spend the final hours of 2018.