At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Throughout late June and early July, St Petersburg never gets fully dark allowing revellers to party late into the night
Proximity to the Arctic Circle has its pros and its cons. On the one hand, winter is long and dark (though, if you ask us, also quite romantic). On the other hand, there’s summer – with its joyous celebrations, its balmy temperatures… and its almost 24 hours of daylight. Welcome to the wondrous White Nights in St Petersburg (and the accompanying White Night Festival, Scarlet Sails, and even the White Night Marathon).
The name is no misnomer: given the fact that the sun barely dips below the horizon throughout late June and early July, St Petersburg never gets fully dark (it is, after all, the northernmost city in the world with over 1 million inhabitants). Instead, the sky retains a crepuscular hue into the wee hours – and revellers who’ve already enjoyed the heat of the day find they have the perfect excuse to continue the festivities late into the night.
Visitors to St Petersburg at this time of year will discover a city at its best. Midnight flâneurs, riverboat cruisers, and picnickers aside, there are also carnivals and concerts in the streets, celebrations of art and culture, and plenty of other long-running public events. For foreign travellers, it’s easy to get swept up in the spirit of celebration – and, given the proliferation of events, taking part is as simple as going for a wander around the busy streets.
Most of the events in the city at this time of year are organised under the broad banner of the White Nights Festival, which coincides with peak sunlight and stretches loosely from May to July. From classical music to fireworks shows, jazz events to literary occasions, there’s no shortage of culture to take in. One of the undisputed festival highlights, though, is the performance series by international music artists in the Palace Square. In the past, names such as Ringo Starr and Jethro Tull have taken to the stage – and played to huge crowds.
The peak of the White Nights in St Petersburg comes in the form of the Scarlet Sails – one of the best-attended public events in all of Russia. Held during the solstice, the show is a tradition that dates to the end of WWII, though recent years have seen it take on new heights of showmanship. Expect a huge fireworks show over the Neva River, combined with the presence of a real sailing ship with scarlet sails and musicians performing from temporary stages along the riverbanks.
It wouldn’t be the White Nights in St Petersburg without a bit of pomp and high culture. Offering that in large supply is the Stars of the White Night festival, held annually at the Mariinsky Theatre. This year’s event will feature performances by top balletic, symphonic and operatic talents.
Not all White Nights celebrations require all-night partying. The White Nights Marathon, for instance, profits from the good weather to host fleets of runners as they wend their way through the city’s pretty streets. Those looking to counteract the effects of the celebrations can register to participate for this year’s edition, which will be held on 28th June (note that registration occurs well in advance) – otherwise, visitors can stake out a spot along the street to watch the procession puff past.
It’s widely known that St Petersburg is the perfect city for jazz aficionados – and the Annual International Jazz Festival sets the stage for impressive feats of improvisation in the midst of the White Nights. The Jazz Philharmonic Hall will play host to national and international artists from 15th June to 1st July – the perfect way to mix up your party schedule.
And these are only the start of what’s on for the White Nights in St Petersburg. From street carnivals to a mini-festival that honours Dostoevsky, from raves that stretch to the early hours to the traditional opening of the drawbridges, visit St Petersburg during the White Nights and you’ll see the city at its joyful best.