At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
With the culture of Paris and the party scene of Berlin, Budapest has it all according to the owner of the city’s best ruin bar, Szimpla Kert
Budapest’s social scene is dominated by the ruin bars that occupy its seventh district. Once the Jewish quarter of the city, the district became dilapidated in the post-war years, and many of its buildings fell into disrepair. However, in the last two decades, its abandoned buildings have been given new life and filled with picnic tables, trendy furniture, art installations and beer pumps. Some of the best offer DJ nights, film screenings, farmers markets and art exhibitions, but there’s one name in this business that reigns supreme: Szimpla Kert. Possibly the city’s most famous nightspot, here we talk to its owner, Ábel Zsendovits, about why Budapest’s ruin bars have seen such resounding success.
Apart from being the original romkocsmák (ruin bar), what makes Szimpla Kert the best?
Being open to change all the time, developing services and programmes of a high-quality standard, and being the most environmentally and socially conscious ruin bar of all. We are the pioneers who’re brave enough to jump off the mainstream wave.
How did Szimpla Kert get its start?
Szimpla Kert was born out of the city’s need for a new style of community space for artists and entrepreneurs. Budapest in the late 90’s had a lot of huge, abandoned buildings. They needed to be used but also given a new, community-oriented function.
Now that the concept is so successful, do you ever feel like there’s too much competition? Have ruin bars lost their edge?
The style has definitely become a little diluted. In some areas, there are now cheap, low-quality drinking holes where people behave unacceptably. We’re constantly working to create a better environment for residents and our guests. The coming of Budapest’s new bar culture has had positive effects, too. Today, there are many new concepts, different kinds of small cafés, bars and restaurants.
Do you host events that draw in the crowds during the day?
We have weekend brunches every Saturday and Sunday morning, a farmers market every Sunday, and different themed markets and cooking events on selected Saturday afternoons. We also have live music and DJ events every night and also on Friday afternoons.
What’s your favourite restaurant in Budapest for Hungarian food?
I would recommend Kispiac. This is definitely the best.
Where do the young, hip people hang out in Budapest?
Szimpla Kert; Madách square; A38 ship; Dürer Kert; Kőleves kert; Kertem; Gólya; Auróra and Grund.
What’s the most romantic spot in the city?
Szabadság Híd (Freedom Bridge), which is great to see the sunset, the Danube and the best of Budapest.
Which part of Budapest do you love most?
The seventh district.
What does Budapest offer that other European capitals lack?
A very unique mixture of architecture, amazing landscapes, great food and amazing weather most of the time. The excitement of a night in Budapest is only comparable to Berlin.