At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
The Director of Malta’s newest visitor attraction, Esplora, takes us on an exclusive tour
With year-round sunshine, myriad museums and ancient sights, Malta has a lot to offer families. The island’s newest attraction, Esplora Interactive Science Centre, stands out with a unique interactive concept, encouraging people of all ages to get hands-on with science. The institution, which officially opened in late 2016, is a breath of fresh air in Malta’s historically-heavy museum landscape. Rachael Blackburn, Esplora Director, has the inside scoop on what makes it the ideal attraction for families travelling with children of all ages.
Esplora is the newest visitor attraction to open in Malta. What makes the museum so unique?
Esplora Interactive Science Centre is the first of its kind in Malta, featuring over 200 hands-on, interactive exhibits about various scientific topics. The centre consists of several exhibition halls, a Planetarium, an Outdoor Adventure Experience and landscaped gardens, and an Activity Centre for visitors to experience hands-on workshops and entertaining science shows, making science relevant to our everyday lives.
Why was it important for you to create a centre where children and families could get involved with science in such an interactive way?
Our goal at Esplora is to cultivate a culture of scientific curiosity and imagination by igniting a passion for questioning and investigation, where visitors are encouraged to explore, think and imagine. The Centre presents science in a fun and accessible manner through a programme of workshops and live science shows. At Esplora, visitors are encouraged to interact with the exhibits, unlike a traditional museum where items tend to be displayed in glass cases and visitors are asked not to touch.
Please tell us about the exhibitions at Esplora.
The exhibits show how science is relevant to our daily lives, and gives insight into how things actually work. There are exhibits related to planet Earth, the human body, electricity, music, illusions, and much more. Each exhibit has been constructed to be handled directly by visitors of all ages. Everyone is encouraged to touch, feel and use the exhibits in a hands-on, body-on, mind-on approach. By offering visitors an opportunity to discover and understand science in this way, the importance of the scientific processes is communicated through questioning, predicting, experimenting, analysing and making conclusions.
Can you give us examples of some of the most exciting activities?
Visitors have the opportunity of interacting with hands-on science such as launching a hot-air balloon or following the journey of food through the digestive system. Could you imagine playing a harp without strings, or producing fireworks? At Esplora you can! Esplora also has a Colorspace 4K theatre Planetarium, 10.7 metre in diameter, which hosts entertaining and educational films related to our planet and space, the Solar System and the Universe.
What has the response to the museum been so far?
We have been open for six months and have welcomed over 70,000 visitors. There is no other attraction comparable to Esplora on the island and many families have visited us several times, returning each time to experience something different. We find that Esplora is popular with families as we offer plenty to do indoors and out for all ages and interests. Many families also have lunch at the EsploraCafe and enjoy a full day out.