At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
The Czech capital beats to its own rhythm, with jazz, classical and techno on tap for those who know where to look.
Home to a thriving jazz circuit and a lively community of street buskers, the Czech capital is no stranger to a good tune. And there’s plenty to appeal to all tastes. For those seeking something more high-brow, local and international classical music stars roll out an engaging programme of concerts and operas year-round, while electronica enthusiasts can dance the night away at Prague’s world-class festivals. From the noisiest gigs in town to the merriest of Czech folk, here’s where to discover music in Prague.
You don’t need to saunter far to fall in earshot of a melody in Prague. The lively areas around the famous Charles Bridge or Old Town Square are Prague’s much-loved musical hubs. Buskers here come in all stripes, from a cheerful fiddle player to a spectacular operatic harp duo. The city’s historic churches, meanwhile, are popular concert venues year-round, thanks to the quality of their acoustics. Some have spectacular musical pedigree: The Church of St Nicholas, itself an opulent example of High Baroque architecture, has a 4,000-pipe organ once played by Mozart.
Classical music has a particular hold on the Czech soul. Prague was, after all, the birthplace of Antoni Dvořák and home to Mozart for a time, with the latter famously conducting the 1787 premiere of his Don Giovanni in the city. The Rudolfinum, seat of the Czech Philharmonic, is a good place to start, with its extensive programme of classical concerts. Elsewhere, Municipal House has several halls that host performances by the Prague Music Chamber Orchestra, the Prague Proms, and the Dvořák Symphony Orchestra Prague, among others.
There are plenty of jazz clubs to be found peppered throughout Prague’s cobblestone streets, but a particular highlight has to be the Reduta Jazz Club, a beloved addition to the city’s music scene since 1958. With vintage glamour layered on in velvet and gilt, the Reduta offers a stylish backdrop to big names in local and international jazz, as well as blues and swing. It’s also the spot where Bill Clinton rocked out on the saxophone gifted to him by the then-president Václav Hável. For a more varied mix of musical styles including electro and funk, Jazz Republic, also found in the Old Town, is the place to go.
For something a little different, visit the historical collection at Lobkowicz Palace, found inside Prague Castle, to see the hand-annotated musical manuscripts of world-renowned composers such as Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven. The Palace is also known for its daily classical concerts, held in the 17th-century Baroque concert hall. Make sure to take in the stunning frescoed ceiling while listening to Antonín Dvořák’s Valse, Vltava by Czech composer Bedřich Smetana, and Vivat Bacchus! by Mozart.
In addition to the wealth of concerts and performances available year-round, there are some seasonal standouts on the Prague music calendar that draw audiences from around the world. The year kicks off with the Prague Spring International Music Festival, considered by many to be the premiere classical musical festival worldwide and now approaching its 75th year. As the months tick by, visitors can expect everything from world music at Respect Festival and dance music at Transmission Festival, to the innovative and eclectic programming of Strings of Autumn, which showcases talents from the realms of electronica and contemporary classical to jazz.