At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Antonia Carver recommends the coolest hubs for culture connoisseurs
Among Dubai’s first flush of contemporary art galleries, Jameel Arts Centre is raising the bar on the Middle Eastern creative scene. Its inventive programme of engaging exhibitions and high-profile collaborations fiercely champions local talent. Antonia Carver left her post as Head of Art Dubai to helm Jameel Arts Centre, with the gallery’s inaugural show, Crude, raising provocative questions about the oil industry. Here, she shares why Dubai is such an exciting arena for the arts, and where to discover its treasures.
Which upcoming show are you most excited about at Jameel Arts Centre?
Following Crude, Jameel Arts Centre will feature Jameel Prize 5, a collaboration with London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. The award recognises contemporary artists from all over the world who are influenced and inspired by Islamic art and design, and the exhibition features the eight finalists. It’s a lively showcase that includes photography, painting, installation, fashion, design and film. Alongside this is our Artist’s Rooms – solo shows by remarkable artists from the Middle East and South Asia – and a range of installations.
Who are the local artists to watch?
Each month, our library features an artist based in the UAE: they present a talk and take over the library exhibition spaces for a month to show their works-in-progress. This is a great opportunity to gain insight into the ways that artists think and work. They are often onsite and can talk visitors through their work.
Following your opening in November 2018, how have you found the reception?
Every weekend, Jameel Arts Centre is buzzing with talks, tours, workshops, screenings and meetings, for all ages and demographics. We feel that the Jameel has been quickly embraced by the local community, and we’re thrilled about this; it was one of our main goals from the moment we opened. Weekdays are generally quieter, and this is the time that the Jameel really shines as a place of rare reflection and calm in the city – whether having a picnic in the Sculpture Park, or wandering the exhibitions. We have seven desert gardens, a library, espresso bar and our shop, which is a real gem – the place to pick up design objects by local artists, posters, books and hand-picked gifts.
Which other local galleries would you recommend we visit?
Dubai has a very vibrant arts scene: it is the regional art market centre, with Art Dubai taking place every March and a great set of commercial galleries, the artists’ studio centre Tashkeel, and the creative neighbourhood of Alserkal Avenue. Don’t miss Ishara Foundation, a new not-for-profit specialising in artists from South Asia. Make time while you’re here to catch a film at the indie Cinema Akil.
Are there any cafés near Jameel Arts Centre that are great for a post-exhibition coffee?
We’re biased, but we think we have the best coffee and brownies in town in our in-house espresso bar, so come ready to be caffeinated! Deliveroo invites visitors to order online and have a picnic delivered to our Sculpture Park. A 10-minute cab ride away is D3: a top tip here would be to visit Yui for fantastic noodles.
What does a typical day off in Dubai look like for you?
There’s always so much going on at Jameel Arts Centre, my days off are often spent at ‘work’, but if a real break is in order, then I love heading into the desert or mountains to camp. If you really get the spot right, sometimes there’s even no phone signal…