At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Discover the island through the eyes, and voice, of celebrated Maltese opera singer Joseph Calleja
Joseph Calleja is one of Malta’s most internationally renowned opera singers. Often compared to Italian tenors Pavarotti and Gigli, his is the voice of a generation. Born and raised in Malta, Calleja travels the world but keeps coming back to the island for its beauty, culture and burgeoning music scene. Here, he opens up about opera in Malta, his love for his home and his top tips for visitors.
How did your passion for Opera first come about?
I’ve loved singing since I was a child, and from a young age I joined my church and school choirs. At the age of 13, my friends and I formed a rock band. I loved singing this genre of music until I discovered operatic singing through American tenor Mario Lanza. As soon as I heard opera, it was the only music I wanted to sing.
You were born and raised in Malta, before travelling the world as a singer. What keeps you coming back to the island?
I have travelled extensively and found nowhere quite like Malta, where so much history, beauty and architecture is crammed onto a tiny island. Ultimately though, what makes Malta truly great is its resourceful and hardy people.
Did you find that growing up in Malta aided you as an aspiring singer?
I wouldn’t say that growing up in Malta helped me become an opera singer as such. Opportunities to sing or study opera in Malta were very limited, but I took them all. I was lucky to meet the best person who could have taught me there, Paul Asciak.
Malta is increasingly becoming a hub for music and culture. Tell us about the island’s flourishing music scene.
There is an ongoing renaissance of culture in Malta. In the operatic scene alone, we have around 20 aspiring opera singers. I take great pride in supporting many of them through the BOV Joseph Calleja Foundation. The country’s economy is also booming with an increase in tourism going hand-in-hand with an ongoing upgrade of the local infrastructure. Valletta has never looked better and, arguably, Malta has never enjoyed such a diverse cultural scene as it is today. This is all very encouraging, but we haven’t reached our full potential yet. What’s missing is the building of a multi-purpose theatre.
What are your top tips for first-time visitors to Malta?
The ideal time spent in Malta is around two weeks. This will allow you to immerse yourself in the culture and truly live the Maltese experience. If time is an issue, the following are unmissable experiences.
Benjamin Disraeli described it as a ‘city of palaces built by gentlemen for gentlemen’. You can easily explore Valletta in half a day. Don’t miss the Manoel Theatre and St Johns Co Cathedral with a splendid Caravaggio inside. Two top restaurants here are Da Pippo and La Superba.
Malta’s oldest city, Mdina, is also unmissable. The cathedral square is spectacular, peppered with all the beautiful palazzos of the nobility from a bygone era. Don’t miss the view from the bastions!
For the romantics, go for a stroll in Birgu. Again, the architecture is spectacular and there are excellent wine bars and restaurants in the area. Check out Tal-Petut Restaurant for excellent and authentic Maltese fare.
Malta is an archipelago of three main islands. A visit to Malta’s sister island, Gozo is a must. The old city, Victoria, has just been given a facelift and is looking glorious. Dwejra is also must-see, as is Xlendi, and the small hamlet of Marsalforn. When hungry, go to Tmun Mgarr or Ta’ Frenc on the way to Marsalforn.
Exploring Malta’s coast is also a must. Charter a small boat and ask the skipper to take you to all the secret spots this island has to offer. Better still, enrol with one of the excellent diving schools and discover Malta’s crystal clear seas and the many wonderful diving spots!